cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple customers can use the same ICM system?

justine.joubran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to have an ICM system that operate more than 1 contact center?

In other words, each customer should be able to:

- add their own agents without having access to agent list from other customers

- see their own scripts

- run their own reports

Is there a reference that explains this in detail?

Thank you,

Justine.

7 Replies 7

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

there used to be a feature named "partitioning" which - from a certain point of view - did what you have described.

It's not supporte anymore.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any feature that might give you the desired result.

G.

Thank you for your prompt response.

I am trying to research about this too. Inside "Configuration Manager" there is "ICM Instance Explorer" where we can configure an "instance" and a "customer definition".

I found the below in ICM setup and installation guide v7.5 under section "CUSTOMER TYPES":

You can use the customer concept to support multiple independent organizations with a single ICM instance rather than assigning a separate instance to each organization. However, customers that share an instance have more limited capabilities than a customer using a full instance. The following table summarizes the abilities of these two customer types.

Note that all configuration and scripting for a shared instance customer must be performed by the service provider that manages the instance. The customers themselves can only perform Quick Edits within a script.

It seems that this does the job, but I cannot find any detailed documentation. Does anybody have a more detailed reference?

Thanks in advance,

Justine.

Hello Justine,

I hope you might have seen the below snippet in the same doument

This talks about multiple customers under the ICM Instance. This tells each customer has its own Dialed Number & Scripts etc.. . While configuring the Dialed Numbers you do have option of selecting the Customer from the drop down.

Similar when configuring a User in the User List, you will choose a Customer from the Drop down.

Also have a look into the Feature Control Set and Users List

Regards,

Senthil

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Senthil, that option allows the service provider to logically partition one instance. This does not mean that one customer seed his own instance only like the OP suggested.
By the way, the mentioned 7.5 was the last ICM version with partitioning.
G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

ganapathi s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Still we can create multpile customers under single instance whereas they can have their own DN's, Scripts, VRU Script list, VRU Label and etc. By using ISE they can only see their scripts and not other scripts configured for other customers. By creating seperate Agent team list there should not be a problem. But still if they open Agent and Skill group explorer they cant filter with customer. Only under Call type, DN, VRU script list they have an option to filter for customer.

But ensure if you are creating multiple customers, your system is capable of handling that many aents, ECC variable size etc..,

Thanks,

Ganapathi.S

Thanks a lot for the responses, very helpful.

I have one more question:

- Is each customer is capable to create his own agents without seeing other customers' agents?

I was thinking about the CCMP (Contact Center Management Portal) which could be useful in this case, which is installing an ICM system with multiple customers.

Thanks a lot,

Justine.

Hi Justine,

From ICM i you create agents, you will still be able to see other customer's agents. But if you go via CCMP, you should not be able to see other customer's agents by creating seperate team list and having seperate supervisors.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ganapathi.S