Views
Helpful
Replies

Overflow Queue in Outbound Agent-Based Campaigns

James Andrews
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

I've been given a requirement to have a blended outbound campaign overflow to a queue in predictive or progressive mode.  This would happen if an agent is dialing 4 lines at once, and two callers pick up.  Rather than dropping the second caller, they should be routed to a queue until a blended agent is routed the call.

I've been told that an IVR-based campaign can accomplish this, but I don't have enough ports in CVP to be able to Send to VRU for each one.  Therefore, I'm wondering if there is a way to do this using Agent-Based campaigns and only transfer to the VRU for queuing treatment when necessary. 

The closest thing that I have been able to find is within the skill group configuration for a campaign, there is a field that says "Route points for transferring to an IVR" and one of the options is "When no agents are available."  Would plugging in a directory number for a route point work there, or is this field not what it sounds like and totally off-base for what I'm trying to accomplish? 

Thanks!!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nathan Luk
Level 1
Level 1

You're right on the money there James. Configure a number under the "When no agents are available" section as you mentioned, then configure a CTI route point in CUCM, associate it with the pg user, create the Dialed Number for it in UCCE and then go abouts setting it up as a normal inbound type call flow (remember to translation route) etc.

Cheers,

Nathan

View solution in original post

One thing to note, is your CVP port count, if by any chance you get a lot of people answering your calls and you're dialing 4 calls at once, you will get 3 calls go to the IVR and might run out of CVP ports very quickly.

david

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nathan Luk
Level 1
Level 1

You're right on the money there James. Configure a number under the "When no agents are available" section as you mentioned, then configure a CTI route point in CUCM, associate it with the pg user, create the Dialed Number for it in UCCE and then go abouts setting it up as a normal inbound type call flow (remember to translation route) etc.

Cheers,

Nathan

One thing to note, is your CVP port count, if by any chance you get a lot of people answering your calls and you're dialing 4 calls at once, you will get 3 calls go to the IVR and might run out of CVP ports very quickly.

david

James Andrews
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys!  Will give this a try.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: