Views
Helpful
Replies

Passing call variables during a call transfer

joekarter
Level 7
Level 7

UCCX 12.5.1 SU3 ES04

I have two queues:  Our corporate operators and our Help Desk.  When the operator answers the phone, I record the caller name and CLID in a variable.  Then the operator transfers the caller to the help desk.  When I look at the CLID in the help desk script, I see the number of the operator that is transferring the call and not the CLID of the original caller.

Is there a way to send the caller name and number to the second (help desk) script?  

Any thoughts on how I can get this to work?

Thanks in advance!

8 Replies 8

You said the caller name and CLID was put in a variable, can’t the help desk see this variable?

david

It's not that I want them to see it in Finesse, that is already working.  I need to populate a variable (CLID) that I can act upon with the script.  It is more than just trying to display it in Finesse.  Sorry I was not clear about this.

sahils2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the below link 
Configure UCCX Custom Call Variable Layouts for Finesse Desktop and FIPPA
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/contact-center/unified-contact-center-express/213873-configure-uccx-custom-call-variable-layo.html

I don't want to display them on Finesse.  I want to populate a variable that I can act upon from within the script.  As an example, I want to be able to look at the caller ID and phone number, then determine if this is a call from an internal or external source, then send it to the appropriate queue.  That is one use.  Another is to look at the phone number and determine if the call is a local or long-distance call so that I can act on that information.  

Hopefully, this will add clarity on what I am attempting to do.

Thank you.

As long as the caller has not hung up, you can use incoming call GUID. CCX refers to this as Implementation ID in the contact info.

ElliotDierksen_0-1712655814000.png

Then you can create a session with that value as the key. I have used that to pass information between different CCX scripts. You could also use the callers ANI as the key, but you have to check to make sure that exists. You make get calls without an ANI if the caller blocks their caller ID. Here is a code snippet creating a session.

ElliotDierksen_1-1712656034736.png

If I create a session as shown above, how does the second script know what session to look for to get the data?   It's the same question I already have:  How can I pass data from one script to another during a manual transfer/conference from the agent?  The script is not doing the transfer, the agent is doing is manually.

I should also note that I only have the enhanced version of UCCX (version 12.5.1), not premium so I don't have access to database dips and such for this purpose.

joekarter_0-1712946779142.png

The session is the database (so to speak) where the information you want to pass is stored. The implementation ID (or the ANI) is the key the scripts use to locate the information. The first script to interact with the caller creates the session and stores the information there. Subsequent ones can find the session (and thus the information stored there) because they all use the same key. I don't know how else to explain it. It has worked for me at multiple customers over the years.

Use the Get Call Contact Info step to access call-specific information and to store values in specified variables.step_descriptions048048.jpg