cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE Finesse REST API?

HcknGbsns
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to use Finesse to set a call variable via API call (the intention here is to pass information from an outside system in alongside a call transfer) for PCCE 11.0.X. I currently have a sandbox environment going on DevNet and am hitting it from Postman but I'm wondering if I can set them just using HTTP Basic authentication or if I'll need to go through some kind of login process first. 

Is that the right approach? I'm new to call center technology and Cisco products in general so I apologize if something doesn't make sense here - I'd also be happy to provide clarification on the question if needed

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What do you mean when you say "some kind of login process". Do you mean login to authenticate to use the REST API? Or do you mean to login the agent first (agent state)?

If you are asking purely from an authentication perspective to use the REST API, then you will just need to use the Basic Authentication with the username/password. But, the user must be in LOGIN state and on a call. You also need to know the dialogId of the call that you want to set the callvariable.

Hopefully I answered your question. If not, please clarify.

Thanx,

Denise

Hey Denise, 

Thanks for the response! "Some kind of login process" referred to the desktop login if I were to click on the Finesse instance in the sandbox console and hit it from a browser (although this tends to just give me a 404) to log in from the desktop. I'm trying to authenticate with HTTP basic but was wondering if I needed to also be logged in from the desktop, which seems to be the case. 

Your answer gave me the info I was looking for. Thank you!

Hi,

So you specifically have to log in the agent via the browser desktop, you can login the agent via REST APIs too: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!usersign-in-to-finesse

Ultimately, the agent must be in LOGIN state.

Thanx,

Denise