Views
Helpful
Replies

Permanently deleting Campaigns with Outbound API

sjaffee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have encountered an issue with fully removing a Campaign using the Outbound API.

When deleting a Campaign using the Outbound API, everything appears to be working as expected.

Once I do a HTTP GET operation and retrieve an updated list of campaigns I can see that the deleted campaign is no longer included.

However, if I was to create a new campaign using the same name as a previously deleted campaign I get the following error

"A deleted item exists with the specified value.  The names of deleted items cannot be reused unless they are permanently deleted via the Deleted Objects tool"

From looking at this, It looks that even though it appears the Campaign has been deleted and is no longer visible, it still exists somewhere.

So this brings me to the following questions:

1) What is the "Deleted Objects tool" that is being referenced in the error message?

and

2) How do I ensure that a Campaign is permanently deleted, so that it's name can be reused once being removed

Any help would be much appreciated

Shawn

4 Replies 4

nsaw@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can permanently delete these deleted object via configuration manager. Open Configuration Manager -> Miscellaneous Tool -> Deleted Objects. Select Campaign > Select All -> Delete Permanently

Is there a way to do this with API?

No, most things CCE go through the Deleted Objects before permanently being deleted.

david

It doesn't look like it.
"delete: Deletes one campaign from the database. The campaign is saved under Configuration Manager > Miscellaneous Tools > Deleted Objects."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: