Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Play prompt to Customer while hearing same to the Agents

Dear All

Is there any way in UCCX 9.0 that when customer call connected to the agent ,play a voice prompt saved in UCCX document repository which same  needs to be heard by  both customer and the Agent.

Thank you

Thilina

7 Replies 7

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Natively this is not possible but you can achieve this by making some modifications in the script. Ideally, this functionality is called Whisper Announcement wherein you want a certain message to be played to the agent before he/she answers the call which is not available in UCCX by default. However, in your case I believe you want to play the same message to both caller and agent for which we will need to add 1 extra step than what you will normally do for Whisper Announcement. Below are the steps:

1. Use Play Prompt step just before the Select Resource step that will be played to the caller

Note : This is the extra step we are adding to play the message to the caller as well

2. Set the connect parameter in the Select Resource to NO

3. Under Selected step, use the Get User Info step for the selected agent and obtain the IPCC extension that you will need to store in a variable (Type : String)

4. Use the Place call step and call the agent from the UCCX. Chosse the variable that stored the agent extension in step 3 for Destination

5. Use Play Prompt step and change the contact from Triggering Contact to the CallCreated. Play any necessary prompt to the agent

Note : In the above step, CallCreated is a variable created as a "Contact" type. This particular variable will be used in two places:

1) Call Contact information that will come in the properties of Place Call step

2) In the properties of Play Prompt that you will use after Place Call step, you will need to change from Triggering Contact to this particular variable (CallCreated)

Use the Connect step and send the customer's call to the agent. This would basically mean that an agent would get a call from the UCCX before answering the customer's call. This would be the method by which Whisper would be achieved in UCCX. Here are some posts from the Cisco Support Community with an example script too:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/9350821/icd30-whisper-agent-call-connected#1043973

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10304411/visual-queue-based-original-called-number-or-csq#1042650

Regards

Deepak

- Do Rate Helpful Posts -

Hi Deepak

Thank you for your comment,But what i need is to play above prompt simultaneously to both the customer and the Agent,Is it possible to achieved ?.Actually this is to create Agent greeting feature.

Someone in this forum told me that it is possible to achieve this with CAD macro's but i m not sure where to start with.

Regards

Thilina

Check this thread.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11595911/play-prompt-call-handed-agent

Hi Amer,

Thanks ,certainly it was some light to the problem.but the thing is this prompt should be heard by both the parties (Agent & Customer) so agent knows when to start to speaking.Any ideas ?

Regards

Thilina

Thilina,

Place the play prompt that you want in the connected folder and test.

It will Work :)

Amer

Thanks,i will give it a try and let you know.

Regards

Thilina

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: