cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to use multipart/form-data content type for "Make REST Call" step?

detho9000
Level 1
Level 1

I need to reach out to a web server using the "multipart/form-data" content type but every time I configure it in the Make REST Call step in my UCCX script the step fails with a fatal exception (for some reason I can't capture the exception data when this happens - all I know is that the script stops processing at that point.)

I've tried leaving the field blank and adding it into the headers ("Content-type: multipart/form-data") which produces an exception and then configuring "text/html" in the field and adding in a header but that produces a 500 internal server error on the remote end.

I don't absolutely have to use the Make REST Call step if a different step would work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update 1

The correct syntax for the Content Type field is "multipart/form-data; boundary=----SomeArbitraryStringHere".

However the step doesn't actually parse the form data correctly in the resulting TCP packet.

1 Reply 1

jacob.dryer
Level 1
Level 1

I am encountering this problem as well.  Were you able to figure out why the data in the TCP packet isn't parsing correctly?