Views
Helpful
Replies

Postion in Queue

kmeehan36
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon all:

I have a small queuing script that requires position in queue to be announced to the caller. I used the get reporting statistic step (position in queue) and can announce my position in queue. The problem is my position increases as new calls come in.  If I was the 15th caller in queue and the 16th call came into queue my announcement increases to 16 making the caller believe they are waiting longer.

The queue is set to longest waiting, as calls are answered my position should decrease until I am the first call in queue. How do I accomplish position in queue that does not calculate calls that arrive after my test call? The call flow should be I arrive in queue an announcement plays my position from there I should decrease my position as the calls in queue are answered regardless if new calls arrive while I'm in queue.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kevin,

Please find attached the Sample working script from my lab and make changes to your script accordingly.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kevin,

Are you using the Decrement step or not to decrease the Position in Queue for a caller. If not, then you will need to use that step in order to achieve this so that whenever call will go in the loop to check the Position in Queue, the same can be decremented.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Deepak thanks for replying:

I have used the Decrement step but not sure how it would apply here. What I'm seeing is the position in queue step adds or subtracts calls in total. meaning if I am the 3rd call in queue and more arrive my position in queue calculates all calls and announces the new total. My actual position in queue has not changed I'm still the 3rd call in queue. Can you explain how to apply the decrement step for this scenario?   

In short, I want to announce their position in queue then count down until they go to an agent.

You are the third person in queue, then, you are the second person in queue and so on. What's happing is I land in queue and if no new calls come into queue I announce correctly but if new calls come in I go from position 3 to say 6.  How can I use the decrement step to stop announcing all calls and count down from the original position and not include the new calls.

Kevin,

Please find attached the Sample working script from my lab and make changes to your script accordingly.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Deepak:

Thank you for the example script. Although It will Decrement the queue position This queue takes over 3000 calls a day so when multiple calls come in at the same time it will decrement one call but will increase by 3 or 4 due to call volume unfortunately this would not work for me.

I have decided to only play position in queue 1 time.

Thanks for the help  

Hello Kevin,

I am with the same problem, but I work with the CUCCE. I'm not finding how to do the CVP/ICM inform the position queue dinamicaly. I can do the CVP to say the position one time (I am sending the ICM Variable: RouterCallQNow to CVP), its worked, but I need inform  and repeat the position queue for the client.

Its possible to do in CUCCE?

Hello Kevin,

are you able to get the working script for position in Q ?