cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with activateMyTab in Chrome from a toaster pop-up

nigel.willis1
Level 1
Level 1

I have developed a simple gadget in Finesse 11.5 that listens to incoming "OFFERED" chat requests and pops a toaster to warn the agent. I then want to trigger an activateMyTab to bring the gadget tab to the agent's attention once they have clicked on the popped toaster. I need to implement this in Chrome as a client requirement. I have done this and it works fine in FireFox but In Chrome once the toaster is clicked the activateMyTab request is ignored.

popToaster = function () {
		FinesseToaster.showToaster(toasterTitle, {
			body: toasterBody,
			//icon : FinesseToaster.TOASTER_DEFAULT_ICONS.INCOMING_CHAT_ICON, //INCOMING_CHAT_ICON only in finesse 12 not 11.6
			icon: FinesseToaster.TOASTER_DEFAULT_ICONS.INCOMING_CALL_ICON, //icon url
			showWhenVisible: true, //do you want to see the notification if finesse desktop is active
			tag: 'IncomingChat', //any unique name
			onclick: onToasterClickHandler // callback method on click of toaster
		});
		clientLogs.log("onClickHandler(): Toaster popped");
	},

onToasterClickHandler = function () {
		if (window.chrome) {
			parent.focus();
		}
		containerServices.activateMyTab();
		clientLogs.log("onToasterClickHandler(): Toaster cancelled");
	},

Can you help please?

Regards

Nigel Willis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@momeraj wrote:

Hi Nigel,

I have tried below scenario in our lab and it is working fine in Chrome as well. Not sure why it is not working for Nigel Willis.

Is it possible to send the gadget code so that I can try in my lab or the box detail where I can debug remotely.

finesse.containerservices.FinesseToaster.init(finesse.cslogger.ClientLogger);

finesse.containerservices.FinesseToaster.showToaster("Hello", {

body: "Hello Toast",

//icon : FinesseToaster.TOASTER_DEFAULT_ICONS.INCOMING_CHAT_ICON, //INCOMING_CHAT_ICON only in finesse 12 not 11.6

icon: finesse.containerservices.FinesseToaster.TOASTER_DEFAULT_ICONS.INCOMING_CALL_ICON, //icon url

showWhenVisible: true, //do you want to see the notification if finesse desktop is active

onclick: onToasterClickHandler

});

if (window.chrome) {

parent.focus();

};

finesse.containerservices.ContainerServices.activateMyTab();

console.log("Hello Toast Clicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!");

}

Thanks & regards

Meraj

Thanks Meraj,

we have just upgraded to 11.6 and my existing gadget solution started working in Chrome too, so at least it wasn't a problem I introduced. Thanks for your time.

Nigel

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nigel,

I have reached out to the Finesse team to see if this is a known issue and if there is a workaround. I will let you know when I hear back.

Thanx,

Denise

momeraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nigel,

I have tried below scenario in our lab and it is working fine in Chrome as well. Not sure why it is not working for Nigel Willis.

Is it possible to send the gadget code so that I can try in my lab or the box detail where I can debug remotely.

icon: finesse.containerservices.FinesseToaster.TOASTER_DEFAULT_ICONS.INCOMING_CALL_ICON, //icon url

});

if (window.chrome) {

parent.focus();

};

}

Thanks & regards

Meraj

@momeraj wrote:

Hi Nigel,

});

if (window.chrome) {

parent.focus();

};

}

Thanks & regards

Meraj

Thanks Meraj,

we have just upgraded to 11.6 and my existing gadget solution started working in Chrome too, so at least it wasn't a problem I introduced. Thanks for your time.

Nigel

Great!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: