cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Random Numbers in Pebble for Webex Contact Center

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

I wish they had a specific Location for Webex Contact Center but I cant seem to find it. So hope you do not mind me posting in this Community. 

But I am trying to get Random Announcements to play while on hold in Queue. And I was wondering if there is some way for Pebble to generate Random Numbers. 

7 Replies 7

I would make an HTTP request to random.org. This will generate a random int between 1-6.

https://www.random.org/integers/?num=1&min=1&max=6&col=1&base=10&format=plain&rnd=new

david

David, 

Thank you so much for the response. That is a great idea. But I am having a hard time getting that HTTP request within the flow  into a variable I can use. I have been messing with that option for a while but I just can't seem to get the options setup. Would you have a screen shot of how that step should be configured? 

What are you having issues with? I'll try to make some time to find where I used this and provide a shot of it. Things are a bit busy so not sure if I'll be able to make it.

david

Thanks for looking at this, I have opened a case with Cisco but they do not know anyway to get random announcements to play within a flow. They are going to talk to the "developers" and hopefully get back to me in a week.  Here is a screen shot of my HTTP Request. I have tried various Custom Variables (Both Integer and String) Also tried to use the Activity Output Variable (HTTPRequest_sml.httpResponseBody) 

kgroves42_0-1694868601814.png

kgroves42_1-1694868687999.png

kgroves42_2-1694868740565.png

I have also split the Keys into individual 

kgroves42_3-1694868931305.png

This works great using postman but I simply can't get it to work within the flow. 

kgroves42_4-1694869029897.png

This is the simple flow

kgroves42_5-1694869361680.png

In the interim, wouldn't the simple solution to do something like look at the time in seconds and play the announcement based on that (i.e. if time ends in 0 play announcement 0, if ends in 1 play 1, etc.)? Not random of course but gets the job done for you in the meantime?

Just an update I did do this and it seems to be working for me. Thanks @bill.king1 Here is how to do it in case anyone would like. It was kind of a pain setting this up. 

This is the Formula. 

{{ now() | split('Z') | first | split('\.') | last | last }}

And add it to a case event. 

kgroves42_0-1695816481732.png

kgroves42_1-1695816584298.png

Thank you for sharing the workaround steps.