cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RCD join with TCD question

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

When I search the RCD table for a specific date range and calltypeid, the number is always slightly lower than the TCD table filtering on the same date range and calltypeid, but also filtering on the peripheralcalltype of 2 and peripheralid of the agent pim (only the agent leg of routed calls which are only inbound acd calls in this instance).

The goal being to capture some additional information about the calls that is in the TCD but not the RCD, but also this particular customer requires the call counts to match what they're getting in their skill_group/skill_group_interval reports. So if I start with the RCD and pull in the additional data from the TCD table, that seems to be the most appropriate solution.

...but I don't know how to join to the TCD pulling in the data from the agent leg only. I don't need any data from transfers, conferences, etc. Just the one row.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

will

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Will,

You can join data from the same call by matching RouterCallKeyDay and RouterCallKey between the two tables. You could probably ensure the CallTypeID is the same between both as well, for good measure.

Agent leg only should be fairly straightforward... try:
WHERE TCD.AgentSkillTargetID IS NOT NULL

Perhaps also match on TCD.AgentPeripheralNumber (or maybe InstrumentPortNumber) = RCD.Label... this would rule out potential duplicates from transfers to the same Call Type, or RONAs without a Call Type change.

Now... the only potential problem I see here which may cause a little difficulty - in my experience, I see a lot of TCD entries where (within the same RouterCallKey-RouterCallKeyDay combo in TCD) the CallTypeID is NOT on the same RouterCallKeySequenceNumber entry as the AgentSkillTargetID. So, you may have to join to the TCD table twice if you're filtering on CallTypeID and just want the agent leg. If you want to bring in data such as the Call GUID as well, you will likely be forced to do multiple joins like this as I'm not sure I've ever seen Call GUID on the Agent leg in TCD.

-Jameson

-Jameson

View solution in original post

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I agree with Jameson, the RouterCallKeyDay-RouterCallKey combo is the way to go when joining RCD and TCD. There's one thing we need to talk about here: RCD is not generated for calls not processed by the ICM routing mechanisms, but TCD's might be. This means that you'll have to refine the question you are asking: are we interested in ACD calls only (then the RCD and TCD numbers should match) or calls that arrived at agent phones in general (then the number of TCD sessions may be a bit higher). To sum it up, I would always go by TCD only.

G.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Will,

You can join data from the same call by matching RouterCallKeyDay and RouterCallKey between the two tables. You could probably ensure the CallTypeID is the same between both as well, for good measure.

Agent leg only should be fairly straightforward... try:
WHERE TCD.AgentSkillTargetID IS NOT NULL

Perhaps also match on TCD.AgentPeripheralNumber (or maybe InstrumentPortNumber) = RCD.Label... this would rule out potential duplicates from transfers to the same Call Type, or RONAs without a Call Type change.

Now... the only potential problem I see here which may cause a little difficulty - in my experience, I see a lot of TCD entries where (within the same RouterCallKey-RouterCallKeyDay combo in TCD) the CallTypeID is NOT on the same RouterCallKeySequenceNumber entry as the AgentSkillTargetID. So, you may have to join to the TCD table twice if you're filtering on CallTypeID and just want the agent leg. If you want to bring in data such as the Call GUID as well, you will likely be forced to do multiple joins like this as I'm not sure I've ever seen Call GUID on the Agent leg in TCD.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Thanks guys. Solid advice as always.

will

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I agree with Jameson, the RouterCallKeyDay-RouterCallKey combo is the way to go when joining RCD and TCD. There's one thing we need to talk about here: RCD is not generated for calls not processed by the ICM routing mechanisms, but TCD's might be. This means that you'll have to refine the question you are asking: are we interested in ACD calls only (then the RCD and TCD numbers should match) or calls that arrived at agent phones in general (then the number of TCD sessions may be a bit higher). To sum it up, I would always go by TCD only.

G.

I know this is quite an old post. However, I am wondering if this still applies to UCCE 12.x. 

I'm new into this world and we have Splunk we use for reporting from ICM. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to count transfers from one Agent to another Skillgroup. I'm told if it says 6 - Post-Routing Request in the RCD that is a transfer regardless of the ANI. Which just doesn't seem logical to me. 

ANIDNCEDCall TypeScriptRouting ClientOrig TypeRequest typeTarget Type
253555121220080300306 DEPT_AREA_QDEPTServer3 - Voice Response Unit6 - Post-Routing Request4 - Call routing ended with a route to a skill group
1988101897620080300306 DEPT_AREA_OFRDEPT_AREA_A1   14 - Call disconnected

So if I run the TCD for the DN I get like 140,000 returns and if I run the RCD for the DN/DNIS I get 46,000 returns. Here is the part that throws me for the loop. the DN in the table is a unique internal number and that only people with a 1988x number should be dialing (transferring to) and in the RCD it shows numbers from outside the company and other internal numbers as well. 

Any thoughts. Yes I am a complete self-taught noob. Apologies for that. 

Your best bet is to look at one day and then go from there as far as comparing.

For instance, is it possible that people are dialing that transfer destination/number and not transferring or conferencing to it, in which case your numbers wouldn't match? I would look at the caller ID/ANI of the caller in and then the subsequent transfer to see if you're matching up or not.

Your question re: RCD showing the external numbers is probably that sometimes the agents are warm transferring to it, sometimes they are conferencing to it, etc. which will have different behavior.

Thank you. Is there a specific definition of behavior that should happen when Conferenced or Warm Transferred?