Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirect the First 100 Calls

Hello,

in have the following problem and would  be glad if you support me.

In my uccx-8.6 script , the caller get a menu with 1 & 2 & 3 &4 .

the logic is :

If caller push 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 and the total calls of day is smaller or equal 100 , redirect to queue 1 else redirect to queue 2.

I think I need a Variable like CallCounter (Int-Type) with 0 and a Variable like CallCounterloop with 100.

If the caller push 1 && callcounter <=100 redirect to queue1 else redirect to queue2.

Is it correct, what I need else ?

Thanks for your support

Homayoun

5 Replies 5

The problem is that UCCX scripts are 'state-less'.  You cannot pass variables from one script to another, at least not directly.  You could write out to an XML document and increment a value each time the script is run.  But I would suggest lookling at the Get Reporting Statistic step.  That should be able to return the total number of Contacts Handled that day.  If the number returned from that is greater than 100, you can route the call to queue2.

HTH

Chris

Hi,

first of all thanks for your all support.

@Chintan:

The logic is:

If caller choose option 1 and counter <= 100 go to queue 1  else go to queue2

If caller choose option 2 and counter <= 100 go to queue 1  else go to queue2

If caller choose option 3 and counter <= 100 go to queue 1  else go to queue2

If caller choose option 4 go to queue 1  

I have tried with get reporting statistics (Attachment) but it doesn’t work , it will redirect every time to “strSNT” ( for testing I have defined a redirect to a number before I redirect to the queues) .

What is wrong?

Could you eventual send me a link or say me how can I define a external database for counter?

Thanks

Homayoun

It would help if you stepped through the debugger and saw what value intCallCounter is getting to figure out what the problem is.  Also, is the CSQ name "1"?  That seems odd for a name.

Chris

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

regardless of what the option caller select (1,2,3,4), you always want to send first 100 caller to queue 1 and rest to queue 2?

johnirey1
Level 1
Level 1

Yea, you can use the get reporting statistics step to see the "Total Contacts" (which is the total contacts for the CSQ since the statistics were last reset).  If that number is over 100, you can go to the 2nd queue.

Statistics are typically reset around midnight, assuming your server does not suffer a failure of some sort.

Alternatively, you could use some outside source, like a database, and track the number of calls.  Like Chris said, there is no persistent variable you can write to in order to track this, but the get reporting statistic step should do the trick for you.

John