cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove specific contacts from a campaign with APIs

floatingpurr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys. I'm wondering how to remove a specific set of contacts from a campaign harnessing APIs. I know there is way to delete all contacts (HTTP/DELETE)

https://<server>/adminapi/campaign /{id}/contacts

but looks like there isn't any other way to remove contacts in a selective way.

Is there a way to do this trick? : )

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The case that you are dealing with is the common problem seen in Cisco outbound not only in UCCX but also in UCCE and PCCE (ex. in situations when the customer was called via dialer and didn't answer and then calls the inbound line). I know of the 2 possible options that you can use for UCCX:

Easier one - in this scenario if you receive the request to remove the contact from contact list you will need to call the API's in the following order:

The solution has a big disadvantage. The number of dial attempts for every uploaded contact will be erased. All contacts will be treated as fresh once. It will be hard for you to control the number of max attempts per contact.

Harder one - us an import process (performed by middleware software that monitors the number of contacts on the campaign and uploads contacts in batches into the campaign when needed. In this scenario, it is possible to remove contact when it has not been imported yet to dialer (contact sits in the middleware). In this scenario, middleware should also be responsible for some of the dialing parameters like max attempts (the campaign on UCCX side should be set only to 1 attempt) and it has to use direct access to DB.

You can also think about direct access to the contact list wit direct connection to the database. In UCCX unfortunately, you can only read the data, you are not allowed to update it (this is possible in PCCE/UCCE deployments although it's not officially supported by Cisco_.

Marek
Web: https://gaman-gt.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

The case that you are dealing with is the common problem seen in Cisco outbound not only in UCCX but also in UCCE and PCCE (ex. in situations when the customer was called via dialer and didn't answer and then calls the inbound line). I know of the 2 possible options that you can use for UCCX:

Easier one - in this scenario if you receive the request to remove the contact from contact list you will need to call the API's in the following order:

The solution has a big disadvantage. The number of dial attempts for every uploaded contact will be erased. All contacts will be treated as fresh once. It will be hard for you to control the number of max attempts per contact.

Harder one - us an import process (performed by middleware software that monitors the number of contacts on the campaign and uploads contacts in batches into the campaign when needed. In this scenario, it is possible to remove contact when it has not been imported yet to dialer (contact sits in the middleware). In this scenario, middleware should also be responsible for some of the dialing parameters like max attempts (the campaign on UCCX side should be set only to 1 attempt) and it has to use direct access to DB.

You can also think about direct access to the contact list wit direct connection to the database. In UCCX unfortunately, you can only read the data, you are not allowed to update it (this is possible in PCCE/UCCE deployments although it's not officially supported by Cisco_.

Marek
Web: https://gaman-gt.com

Ok, I'll try the first option and I'll let you know. Thanks for now!