cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict CTIOS Desktop Agent from multiple login

subhrojyoti_hp
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to restrict CTIOS agents from using multiple IP Phones to login and bind one particular IP Phone/DN to it's ID/username only?

Thanks in advance,

Subhrojyoti

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jessepbeatty
Level 1
Level 1

There's no real easy way to do that with CTIOS out-of-the-box. If you're developing a custom desktop, you could base it off of username (or PC name for that matter).

You could also use Extension Mobility in UCM and have the agents log into the phone as well as the CTIOS desktop.

Either of those sounds like an administrative nightmare, though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jessepbeatty
Level 1
Level 1

There's no real easy way to do that with CTIOS out-of-the-box. If you're developing a custom desktop, you could base it off of username (or PC name for that matter).

You could also use Extension Mobility in UCM and have the agents log into the phone as well as the CTIOS desktop.

Either of those sounds like an administrative nightmare, though.

Agreed. Extension mobility is a bit of an effort but it would certainly solve the problem. I would not say "administrative nightmare" though.

I have one customer where all agent phones use Extension Mobility to prevent unauthorized after-hours access to long distance and International lines (they did not want to use access codes). It works OK with CTIOS.

Regards,

Geoff

Yeah, it depends on the level you want to go to to restrict things. I've used EM before, but we set all the passwords to 12345. If individual users have their own passwords to prevent someone else from logging in, you're going to get additional requests for password resets. I guess 'nightmare' was kind of a strong word. If you're thinking about using it just be prepared for an additional level of configuration/administration.

subhrojyoti_hp
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys for your inputs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: