Helpful
Replies

Sample Script Filter On SocialMiner

subagyobagus
Level 4
Level 4

HI,

I'm trying to use sample klout script filter that I've download from :

https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/socialminer-sample-code/tree/master/script-filters 

I've follow the instructions and also I've got the Klout API KEY.

I've put the Klout API KEY into klout sample script and then I upload it into Social Miner.

For the meanwhile the filter state indicator is showing  work properly but when I assign it into a campaign, an error occurred.

The filter state change into error.

I'm using socialminer version 10.0.1.

Is that sample script compatible with social miner version 10.0.1 ?

I also try to use sample translate script filter and an error occured like sample klout script filter case above. 

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

rysmart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Subagyo,

When you hover your mouse pointer over the script error icon, what is the text in the tooltip?

I tried this out on my system just now and noted that the Twitter feed that I had configured was processing more calls per second than the Klout service allows.  In my case, I registered a free account that allows 10 calls per second.  When I did this and configured the filter to a campaign, the filter error icon tooltip indicated "error forbidden".  Is this what you are experiencing?

You could try increasing the Polling interval on your feed so that it doesn't hit the Klout service beyond your account's rate limit.  If this is indeed the problem, then you could also pay Klout for a larger rate limit.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

yes, the filter error icon tooltip indicated "error forbidden",

error.png

I've tried to increasing the polling interval on my feed and the filter is working properly.

And do you know about the translate script with Google API? I have an error with sample translate Script Filter.

The error was same, Error Forbidden.

Thanks for your help,

Assuming you have a Google API Key for your cloud app (separate from the Klout API Key, by the way), things should work fine unless you are somehow not authorized to use the Google API. 

Is your Google key from a current and authorized Google developer app?

How many feeds do you have using the Google Translate filter? 

What are the respective Polling Intervals? Could you also be hitting this one too often? 

Is the error in the tooltip the same as the one above?

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I've found the problem is.

Google Translate API is a paid service and my API KEY is not set up for the billing.

Thanks for your support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: