Views
Helpful
Replies

Script Validation Failed java.null.pointer Error UCCX 11.0 Script

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I was working on script for UCCX 11.0 .

It was just working fine, but now validation is failing.

I was working on call redirect step after that issue occurred. 

I don't have another copy of script so need to fix this one.

In order to isolate the issue i tried deleting each step and validate. But to my surprise even if i delete all the step in script and all the variable ,

still validation fails with same error.

Can any one has any idea how to fix the same

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Holy crap, I went through and deleted every single step/parameter. Yet validation still failed. 

Very curious to see what you find, Deepak!

Haris, If it was me I would rebuild the script from ground up. Seems almost like something in the back-back end code got corrupt. 

View solution in original post

Checked your script from every possible way but that does not seem to work. You will need to create it from scratch, don't do copy and paste simply a new script altogether.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Attach your script here.

Regards

Deepak

Attached

Checked your script from every possible way but that does not seem to work. You will need to create it from scratch, don't do copy and paste simply a new script altogether.

Regards

Deepak

Holy crap, I went through and deleted every single step/parameter. Yet validation still failed. 

Very curious to see what you find, Deepak!

Haris, If it was me I would rebuild the script from ground up. Seems almost like something in the back-back end code got corrupt. 

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Suggested had to rebuild the whole script. I did copied the steps from old int to new.

And created all the variable manually( As cannot copy variable between scripts) and it worked then.

Thanks for Support

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, what an interesting problem. threw this at ContactView and it blew up just like the script editor. I was able to determine the cause of the issue.

The reason the script failed to validate even after @Sean Vaidya deleted all the steps is because the issue is with the start step itself. 

Did anyone notice you can delete the Start step in the provided script?

So, after determining the issue I was determined to correct it. To do so I had to re-insert a new Start step (because of course you can't drag one from the pallet), and then reconnect it to the Accept step.

You can see the raw output in this screenshot:

Now this image is deceiving, notice how the first two steps are Start then Accept, followed again by the original Start/Accept steps (notice the comment)? These had to be removed. Once deleted you now have a valid script:

Boom, there it is. I've attached the AEF for funzies even though you've already re-built it by hand. Rebuilding it was the right choice, I doubt anyone else could have repaired the AEF.

Thanks for sharing this with the community, found out some new cool stuff and even found some unsuspecting bugs in ContactView thanks to your AEF.

Regards,

Tanner Ezell

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

+5 Awesome,

How Did you add the Start Step Again in the Script ??

I have a unique understanding of the AEF and built tools so I can modify it directly. This isn't something you could have done yourself with the tools available.

Impressive. 

Good find, Tanner!

That start step is really screwed up...

Can't edit the comment on it, neither can I undo a delete on it. 

Yeah I don't know how it happened but the entire step was corrupted, it took a bit of trickery to make it work again.

I've seen a couple of scripts that became corrupted after being opened and saved with an older version of script editor. Great work, Tanner!

Great Stuff Tanner [+5]

Regards

Deepak

I doubt anyone else could have repaired the AEF

Look at Mr. Big Shot AEF Repairer over here.  ;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: