cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Skill group routing

Michael Kelly
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to check what skill a call is queuing  for in a script  with out doing a IF check  looking for a variable like "myskill" to find out what skill I need to look at  example :

IF statement looking for variable :find("OC=Myskill",Call.PeripheralVariable5)  is this is true then i have have to look at the skill  Skillgroup.MySkill.LoggedOn>0..

I want to be able to work like the built in estimatetWaitTime function..  All you have to do is place this after the skill to queue node . And it knows what skills to get the information from

So  would like to just have if node looking for Skillgroup."Variable".LoggedOn>0

Can this be done 

THanks 

9 Replies 9

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight
Yes, your IF node can be dynamic like that for an agents logged in check

It is a rarity but I will disagree with Omar for once (unless we're talking about something different or it has changed in a recent version). :)

If you try and use a formula like ValidValue(trunc(max(ValidValue((concatenate("CallType.",Call.PeripheralVariable1,"_Q_CT.AnswerWaitTimeTo5")),1),1

for EWT or something, it will not resolve. The substitution basically won't work.

Again, not sure if that's exactly like what you're looking for, but if you do tests against your value like with Call Tracer, you'll be able to verify whether it works or not.

Perhaps I misunderstood his question. I thought Michael was asking if an IF node could do a dynamic agents logged in check? Maybe it's the Midwestern humidity melting my brain :-D

@Omar Deen Is humidity code work for drinking?

I'm with @bill.king1 here at least this specific piece of the OP "So would like to just have if node looking for Skillgroup."Variable".LoggedOn>0" this is not possible.

david

I see now... I haven't worked with Skill Groups in forever, so I completely missed that haha. Cheers

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not clear on what you're trying to do.

If you want to see if there are any agents logged onto a specific skill group, you can create a custom function that will return true or false and pass in the skill group you want to check in your IF node.

Create a new custom function.

Function name: userAgentsLoggedOn

Function definition: SkillGroup%1%.LoggedOn>0

Use in your IF node:

userAgentsLoggedOn(SkillGroupToCheck)

Don't enter the skill group name in quotes.

If there are agents logged on, the IF node will pass through the check node (true). If no agents are logged on, it will exit through the X node (false).

Is this what you're asking?

If you want to see if a specific agent is logged on, I don't know how you would do that.

Hi, I wanted something similar to check for agents logged in a dynamic SG. 

I wanted a single script but to be used for many SG's. 

Ddi call per agent, allocate a user variable per agent based upon the Ddi and assign the "agent" to a varible say  user.agentSG then check if agents are logged in - I was told this wasn't possible. I will test your suggestion. I did it another way however 

Send call to "queue to skill set" then use dynamic to identify and "create" the SG.

To check if no agents logged in

Now we used the "tick" box exit to identify if a call was queuing i.e agents logged in or if there are no agents logged in both type of calls exited via the tick box. Queuing or not logged in check-we did this by checking the requeue status of 0  (agent logged out) if zero then go else where otherwise continue queueing as per the queuing design

If the call was ring no answer it went via the x exit of thr queue to skill and so check for status of 3 as normal 

+5 This is pretty smart. Any reporting implications outside of the PQ reports?

david

Update 

We did further tests

The X exit is for RONA, the tick exit ended being for logged off and not ready and normal queuing  however both logged off and not ready  gave me a requeue status of 0 whereas RONA by itself have me 3 output, normal queuing no requeue status. 

In an ideal world I wanted a different status for not ready and logged off as if an agent was logged off then we wanted the call to overflow straight away however in our case being logged off or not ready didn't impact the calls as it was OK to overflow these straight away as the original SG only has the one agent it so worked for us. If an agent was on a call already, the requeue status wasn't 0 or 3 so we were happy to queue rather then  overflow due to the fact the call should always be offered to the original agent unless not ready or logged out-so it worked out for us. At the tick output we had a if statment to check status =0 if 0 the overflow otherwise  queue