cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Social Miner UCCX Chat agent availability

dsemmler
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,  I am looking at integrating a virtual agent into UCCX web chat.  the scenario is as follows:

Customer is asking the virtual agent questions and gets to a point were they need to escalate to a live agent.  the Virtual agent checks for the availability of a live agent before offering them a web chat,

Is there a way through social miner API's or UCCX API's to asceratin if an agent is logged in or ready in a chat CSQ ?

any help appreciated, Darren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 9.0 Data Sheet - Cisco

Web Chat

Web chat, which is available with Premium licenses, provides entry-level features for managing customer interaction through the company website. Integrated into the agent desktop, web chat requires integration with a Cisco SocialMiner server deployed in a demilitarized zone (DMZ). Supervisors can blend voice and chat operations with the ability to allocate or not allocate chat contacts while an agent is on a voice call. Two routing algorithms are offered - most skilled agent and most idle agent. Transcripts of chat sessions can be retained and retrieved. Historical and real-time reports that are specific to web chat are available. A tool for creating sample code for the customer website form is also included.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 9.0 Data Sheet - Cisco

Web Chat

Web chat, which is available with Premium licenses, provides entry-level features for managing customer interaction through the company website. Integrated into the agent desktop, web chat requires integration with a Cisco SocialMiner server deployed in a demilitarized zone (DMZ). Supervisors can blend voice and chat operations with the ability to allocate or not allocate chat contacts while an agent is on a voice call. Two routing algorithms are offered - most skilled agent and most idle agent. Transcripts of chat sessions can be retained and retrieved. Historical and real-time reports that are specific to web chat are available. A tool for creating sample code for the customer website form is also included.

dsemmler
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for that but it looks like a copy / paste from CCO.  I am assuming then that I cannot achieve an understanding of agent availability and i should look at another solution.

Hi Darren, We have this feature planned in our roadmap, basically a BOT approach and also building EWT type API which can be queried to check the availability of the chat agent.

That's great news Ratish.

thanks,  Darren

Jarvis IT
Level 1
Level 1

I am also looking for a yes/no answer on this one. Having the chat button on our website only be available when a agent is logged into the chat CSQ would be the common sense approach.

Hi Craig, We have this in our roadmap to support this capability.

jevylux01
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here.

I want to use social miner version10.6(1) and Finesse to enable chat functionality ion our website.

However, for obvious reasons, the chat function should only be available when at least one agent is available to respond.

Ideally, it would even be useful to know the actual load (how many chat windows he has already open) of the agent to decide if or if not the button is displayed.

I just read the complete Developer Guide but did not find any answer.

Is there anybody who did this already, and could he share his experience, or even code ?

Hi, so this means that at this moment in time there is no way nor with UCCX APi's nor SocialMiner Api's to retrieve the availability ?

If so, when will this feature be available.

We are starting a Proff of concept using the solution, and this feature is a must.

We only have this data published in live data and are not exposing it as API

Thanks Ratish.

Is there any reason for this ?

How can we build a web chat system that is displaying the web chat button only if at least on agent is accepting chat ?

I guess this is a basic feature of such a system.

In the social miner web chat client, when I launch the chat is seems to query the availabiity of the agent and then sends a message back. It would be more customer friendly if the button would only be shown once an agent is connected.

Is it possible to send a query to determine if there are any agents available through the live data subsystem ? 

We don't have this capability as of 11.5, we have in our road map to support live data api which can be used for this purpose however i dont have an ETA for this feature as of today.

Thanks a lot Ratish.

using the version 10.6(1), is there any way to directly access the database to retrieve the information ?

Where can I get information regarding the structure of the database ?

This would be my last hope, before switching to another solution.

Many thanks in advance for any replay helping me going a step further

The current implementation does not write to DB on real time basis but stored in memory and written at intervals, so if you do a data dip which happens in Chat historical report you will see a lag of data for at least 15- 30 mins.

Here is the link to the CCX 10.6 DB schema guide.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/reference/guide/dbsc…

Regards,

Ratish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: