cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Some Questions About IPCC VoIP Monitor Server

rman
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using IPCC Express 3.5(3) and I installed 3 components on the same server (CRS Server, VoIP Monitor Server and ICD Record/Statistic Server). Now We don't want to use VoIP Monitor Service. How can I stop this service permanently?

Besides, documentation said that IP address should be assigned on the Second NIC Card if this NIC card is used for VoIP Monitoring. However, we found that IPCC Express will the 2nd NIC IP address if the First NIC card is down during booting up. I also followed the steps to change the Binding Order for TCP/IP address

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a00801ee853.shtml#fig-3

How can I prevent the server used the Second NIC IP? Can I remove the 2nd IP address?

Thanks a lot!

4 Replies 4

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

1. To completely remove the VOIP Monitor service you can re-run the setup (insert disk 1) and don't select that monitoring, it will only take about 20-30 minutes or less depending on how many scripts, agents, skills, etc you have.

2. To stop it from ever looking at the second NIC just go to Network Properties, right click on that local area connection and "disable" the second NIC.

hi,

Is it mandatory for the CRS server to have two nic cards to support monitoring and recording ?

Thanks

renzil

Can I stop the VoIP Monitoring service instead of removing it? Any drawback? If yes, how to stop it ?

Any follow-up after re-run the setup disk ? such as reinstall desktop agent, reconfigure ICD, Directory Service?

Thanks for your reply

Yes, after you re-run setup the server will reboot. Once it comes back up you will be presnted with the APPADMIN web page. Run through the Directory and Repository setup (it will have saved your directory and repository conig).