cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor Notification of an Agent's Call

Josh K.
Level 1
Level 1

When we train new CSR's in our office, a trainer will typically sit with a trainee and use a y-connector to listen to their calls and provide assistance as needed. With everyone working remotely, this has become a little more difficult.

Trainers are using Silent Monitoring in Finesse and providing assistance via IM through Jabber. This part isn't so bad.

The harder part is keeping their eyes on their Finesse screen to see when the trainee is taking a call and then clicking the Start Monitoring button to start listening. They tend to miss parts of the call, or calls completely, if they are sidetracked by another task or inquiry. 

Is there a way to have a notification pop up on the trainer's desktop when the trainee's Jabber rings/goes to Reserved state? Or does anyone have another suggestion that could help us solve this issue we're experiencing?

5 Replies 5

@Josh K., in my opinion, you will need a custom gadget that will pull the data from UCCX system - gather agent team member states, and then based on the conditions implemented, it will send the UI notification.

The main question is how to pull the data from the system (displaying notification is quite easy job). Here are some ideas on how this can be done:

1. Finesse REST API delivers the Team API When this API is called, as a response you get the list of agents and their states and the date where the state was last changed. I think that those 2 values should allow you to build a condition when to trigger the notification.   
  2. If you don't want to use Finesse API another option is to use the CCX HTTP Trigger. In this case, when you call the HTTP trigger it will execute the script where you do a statistic query to build the response. As a response, you can only send the objects that meet the conditions implemented in a script. If you select this scenario, the amount of data exchanged between FInesse and UCCX will be lower than in solution 1 (where we always pull the entire context) but it will add some additional load to UCCX system.

Both above concepts have one disadvantage - they will give you semi online data as the communication will be always initiated from gadget (gadgets has to send a request for stats). There will always be a time gap between the two consecutive requests.

Marek https://gaman-gt.com
UCCE, PCCE, UCCX, WxCC, Cisco Finesse, Custom Gadget, CVP, CUIC, CUCM

Is it possible to leverage the XMPP/Notification service in Finesse to subscribe to Agent state changes, as opposed to polling for the same?

I've never tried it, but this might be a good direction to go as it would give access to real time data. The question is - do we have team statistics in XMPP messages?

Marek https://gaman-gt.com
UCCE, PCCE, UCCX, WxCC, Cisco Finesse, Custom Gadget, CVP, CUIC, CUCM

I have no idea. The documentation is trash and my skills are too low to fill the gap. I regard you as a much smarter/skilled person than I, when it comes to customizations in UCCX/Finesse, so I was hoping you would know. :(

Hi

Your requirement can be fulfilled by a 3rd party application "MARS Silent Monitor"

Along with other monitoring features, it has a feature "Continuous Monitoring" which is required by your supervisors.

Supervisor can select a agent for doing continuous silent monitoring.

Whenever the agent connects to a customer call ( Inbound/Outbound) the call monitoring starts automatically.

PFA a shot write-up on the application

Application Video : https://youtu.be/56DvpoXshPc

Continuous Monitoring feature is shown in the video at time 3:50

For more details please write to info@parsec-tech.com

www.parsec-tech.com