Views
Helpful
Replies

Testing DTMF tones

paulbibby
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm testing some Finesse code within a Sandbox that plays DTMF tones. I can hear the tone play at the originators end, but not at the destination end, and the same applies when I use the dial pad to enter tones. E.g.

Agent001 calls Agent020

Agent001 presses a few keys on the keypad creating DTMF tones but these don't play to Agent020

Is this just because of the Sandbox environment? I want to ensure that DTMF tones are played to the person at the other end.

Can the duration of the tones be configured anywhere?

Also, whenever I try to login as a standard user on Jabber (e.g. User001@abc.inc) I get a "Cannot find your service automatically" message. When making test calls do I have to make agent to agent calls or should I be able to use standard users? Am I missing something?!

Thanks for any help,

Paul

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Are you using the Jabber on the Jabber1 & Jabber2 VMs? If so, there is no audio on that so you wouldn't be able to hear it. If not, I will have to double check to see if all parties should hear the DTMF tones.

As far using the standard user on Jabber, it should work. Jabber is sometimes weird and gives that error. It sometimes takes a few tries to have it work.

Thanx,

Denise