Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Dialer efficiency

Recently the business that I’m working with started to deeply analyze the UCCE dialer reports and looked at efficiency of the leads. What was strange that at the beginning of the year all the stats dropped especially in the detection of the answering machine – the values of the total voice mails reached 50%. We changed the AMD detection parameters, but the stats didn’t change.

We have suspicions why this is happening. We think that this is related to Android spam detector (installed and enabled on new Android devices which is most popular platform used by users in Poland).  

Have you experienced the same problem? Do you know how to check if the phone number is marked as spam by Google? Maybe there is a service that allows to do that?

Maybe rotation of the numbers can improve the state – ex. using TCL script that changes the number for each dialer outbound call?  

Marek https://gaman-gt.com
UCCE, PCCE, UCCX, WxCC, Cisco Finesse, Custom Gadget, CVP, CUIC, CUCM
4 Replies 4

In the US the spam detection warning can yield 70%+ no answer rates, so yes I know what you’re talking about. One solution that is common is for customers to have an app installed that you’re able to push the new ANI you’ll be using and the app will add that to the contacts. I think this solution is pretty bad, but it’s pretty popular. The only other solution is to register your ANI and go through multiple hoops to get the number “whitelisted” on the carriers. I’ve heard of better results if using a TFN too. The last option is to have a friendly telco that can certify your ANI even if they don’t own it. Again, all of these are US specific, but sound similar to what you’re seeing. The most surprising part is that you’ve only started seeing this, I assume the spam warning got implemented recently?

david

I think that all started in December 2022. All AMD on all campaigns increased by around 10-20%. I think that there was an Android update that switched this feature by default.
BTW thanks for the suggestion about registering but in Poland all numbers are assigned to individuals or companies so they are "good". Maybe there is a similar process in Google to whitelist numbers.

Have you checked to see if you're running into a cloud spam blocking service like Nomorobo, that is blocking your calls? We've run into cases where say AT&T or Verizon cell is OK with a number, but services like Nomorobo label the number as spam.

Another thing to investigate is can you listen to the recordings of the calls that are being flagged for answering machine detection. Like if you listen to 10 of them, what is the experience you hear so that might tell you where you're running into the issue.

Thanks @bill.king1 for the tip.
Our test showed that we are hitting the default Android Spam filter. It's hard to say what our customers have installed on their phones, we can deal only with our test and private mobiles.
We have a recording system and we have initially checked the recordings - most of them were classified properly as voice mail. I think that we don't have any space in AMD configuration to improve efficiency as if we reduce the confi, agents will complain that they receive to many voice mails.