Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE - Flowing abandon calls to outbound process

lohjintiam
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

Is there a way to perform the following?

a) Standard report in webview/cuic which shows all the abandon calls. The intention is getting the list to manually call them back without hitting the RCD/TCD tables.

b) Flowing/routing (ICM+CVP) these abandon calls into the outbound process for preview/predictive dialing

Thanks!

-JT-

4 Replies 4

If you really want to call back customer who  have abandoned the only way to do it is to go through the TCD and run a report.  However, I don't think this would be a good idea because what if someone dropped, but later called back?  Or someone called and then decided that they didn't need your service after all?  You could potentially end up calling them back and annoy them.

However, you could use courtesy callback, if I remember correctly CVP 8.0 has this.  In the IVR you can tell the customer that's it's going to be a long wait and if they would like for you to call them back at a later time to press 1.  Then they can enter their desired time to be called back and you can send this to the dialer to make an outbound call at that time.  It's not perfect, but it give you a bit more flexibility.  One thing to remember though, is that no amount of technology is going to replace agents.  If you can't handle your customer calls in a timely fashion you need to look at your staffing needs.

david

Hi David,

"the only way to do it is to go through the TCD and run a report."

[JT] Is hitting the TCD advisable if i dont have a separate HDS? On a different note, is there a way to include successful inbound callers (based on some termination code) to be part of the outbound do not call list?

"could use courtesy callback, if I remember correctly CVP 8.0 has this"

[JT] CVP is able to provide the callback option if there's (for example) > 10 caller in queue or indicate the expected waiting time?

Thanks!

-JT-

Hitting and table while in production is not advised.  You can create any sort of query against the TCD; abandoned, successful, from China, etc.

I've not had a chance to work with CVP 8, but I'm pretty confident that yes, you can do those things.  The feature is there, how you use it it's up to you.

david

You don't want to query the TCD - just query  the RCD (Route_Call_Detail) table. You are not interested in the agent involved, since these calls abandon.

Here is a simple query you can run that will show abandoned calls in the last hour to get you started. I'm only interested in calls where I can get the ANI, because I want to call those customers back.

--

-- Declare the start and end time variables

--

declare @start datetime

declare @end datetime

--

-- Look back 1 hour from now

--

set @start = DATEADD(mi, -60, getdate())

set @end = getdate()

--

-- Find abandon customer calls that occurred in the last hour

--

select DateTime, ANI, RouterErrorCode,

DialedNumberString, Variable10, RouterQueueTime

from Route_Call_Detail

where DateTime >= @start and DateTime < @end

and RouterErrorCode = 448 and RouterQueueTime > 0

and ANI is not NULL and ANI <> 'anonymous'

In my query I actually have "and DialedNumberString like '188%' " at the end of the "WHERE" clause, since all my outside dialed numbers start with 188 (from translation rules on the gateway.) Adjust to suit.

This is just a starting point for you. I have refined this a number of times - I put the abandoned calls into a temporary table then check each of the ANIs to see if they successfully called (RouterErrorCode=0) back. If you control the timespan on the RCD, this is a very fast query.

Regards,

Geoff