Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE upgrade- 10.5

krishnamohan.kp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can we point the PG to a new facility ( no change in instance name).?

I need to upgrade UCCE -9 running in MCS to UCCE 10.5 in a UCS - a tech refresh.

Customer want to do the upgrade in phases as the UCS servers for PG will reach only after a few weeks after Rogger upgrade.

My plan is to first EDMT upgrade to 10.5 both  the central controller and AW-HDS in the new UCS box. While installing the UCCE software I need to run the domain manager setup  and map to facility and instance. As the existing Rogger -9 cannot be turned off,  I need to create a new facility under the same Cisco_ICM OU ,  and create a instance with the same instance name of version 9 UCCE.

After Rogger -10.5 installation, I need to point the existing PG servers ( version 9) to the newly built Rogger 10.5.

Can I point the PG to the new Rogger with difference  facility? Do I need to re-install all the PGs ?

Regards

Krishna

4 Replies 4

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

As far as my experience you can do that.

But couple of points here:

1. while switching PGs to new Central Controller, can not you also change the facility on PGs?

2. One of the weirdest things i have seen was, You can run two instance of Central Controller under same Root_OU, Same Facility and with same instance.

Thanks Chitan for your response.

Yes my question is whether we can change the facility of the PG?

As you mentioned , if there are two Central controllers on the same facility and instance , the first Central controller would have an instance number of 0 and the second central controller would have instance number of 1 and the PGs will have instance number of 0.

Can be PG of instance number 0 be integrated with central controller of instance number 1?

Would there be an issue?

Instance Number is used in calculating the port numbers. So it may cause issues in connection between router's and PG's.

Please see the below port utilization guide on how the ports are used across the components.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_10_5_1/Configuration/Guide/UCCE_BK_PB4FEB7C_00_port-utilization10-5/UCCE_BK_PB4FEB7C_00_port-utilization10-5_chapter_01.html

Yes You can change facility on PG, if the new facility has the same instance configured as previous one then you just have change the facility and instance and instance number would remain same as previous one if everything is correctly configured.

You can always try this scenario in your lab.

regarding different instance number on Router and PG, that is going to cause an issue since the ccag/pgag ports are defined based on instance number as @SasiKumar Suggested.

PG and router Should be on same instance number.

The weirdest thing i have seen and was talking about is you can still run two central controllers on different system with same instance facility and instance number, but don't consider this for your upgrade planning as it's not suggested by cisco and nor supported.

Your best bet would be to change facility of PG (considering instance and instance number under new facility match the older one).