cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.6 script abilities features

GadgetFood
Level 1
Level 1

Looking to see if there is something not so much of feature list but list of scripts you can build in UCCX on how you can allow UCCX to perform such as being able to do callbacks, whisper functionality, geographical base routing, screen pops, CRM integration. etc. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/design/guide/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express_chapter_011.html

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

- callbacks: not out of the box;

- whisper: not out of the box;

- location based routing: some assembly required, but relatively easy;

- screen pops: some assembly required if you want to customize;

- CRM integration: if the target CRM system speaks a language UCCX can understand, then relatively easy.

Take a look at the Data Sheet.

G.

I'm going to use slightly different language but largely agree with Gergely.

• queued callback requests: not natively. This functionality can mostly be emulated through extensive IVR scripting but it is by no means "bulletproof". The callback request is not stored into a database without extensive off-box assistance and is therefore susceptible to failure including something as basic as a cluster failover to the standby server.
  • agent whisper: not possible officially. CUCM has the instrumentation to do this but only UCCE has implemented it. WITH CCX this requires making an extra call to the agent phone combined with auto-answer that is neither seamless nor bulletproof. It also negatively impacts reporting as the agent reports will be polluted with these pseudo-whisper calls.
  • location-based routing: based on caller ID only, yes this is relatively easy. Actual get-location or something else much more granular than an area code would be very difficult or not possible.
  • screen pops: possible out of the box only if your app is an HTTP/HTTPS URL that can be opened in another browser tab. Anything else would require developer effort of pre-built integrations such as Bucher+Suter.
  • CRM integration: roughly the same answer as screen pops except the server-side IVR engine supports ODBC and web service integrations that can change call routing/logic or lookup/write data.

Thanks, was trying get a general idea what can be done when writing uccx scripts so this helps get me with starting point as I believed most of these functions would require writing the scripts. I have seen some cases on the community were some state some of these features aren't available so was trying to figure out some options others have done for their contact center