Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 12.5 with UCCE 12.0

Sinisa Hreljac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is it using UCCX 12.5 version integrated with UCCE 12.0  supported? Is there any document that shows if this is supported or not supported?

Currently we have UCCX 12.0 integrated with UCCE 12.0 solution, but due to bug in UCCX 12.0 (could not record g711a)  we would need to upgrade to UCCX 12.5. We tested and UCCX 12.5 works fine with UCCE 12.0, but is this configuration supported by Cisco?

Thanks. 

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Check the compatibility matrix, which you find when using web search:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_1251_SU3.pdf

But it doesn't say anything about UCCE, because you normally don't use both together.

How do you have them integrated together now? What you mean with "integrate"?

Why do you have UCCX integrated with UCCE? The both are the same product in principle. So why do you integrate a contact center with a bigger contact center? You either have UCCX or UCCE, and not both. So normally, there is not integration between them.

Is it possible that you mean integrating UCCX 12.5 with UCM (Call Manager) 12? As @b.winter mentioned, you don't normally integrate the two contact center options together.

Is IP IVR no longer a thing?!? I've not touched it since the 10.x days, but IP IVR (CCX) woul integrate with ICM just fine.

david

Very good point. That being said, the compatibility matrix entries seems to list out only the same version being compatible for both systems (i.e. it says IP IVR 12.0 is compatible only with CCE 12.0, IP IVR 12.5 is compatible with CCE 12.5, etc. TAC might be able to clarify more, but that's all that is listed, so if that is what @Sinisa Hreljac is asking, they might be out of luck/not supported.

Sinisa Hreljac
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for delay from my side...

When talking about UCCX, it is same software that can be used standalone as its own Contact center solution, and can be used just like IP IVR as component in UCCE solution. So I mean on this last one combination, sorry for confusion. 

Hi, so if you're asking if IP_IVR 12.5 is compatible with UCCE 12, the answer is no from the compatibility matrix for CCE 12 (of course you could always double check that with Cisco in case it has changed.
"IP IVR 12.0(1) is compatible only with CCE 12.0(1)."
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/ucce_compatibility/matrix/rcct_b_12_0_cce-solution-compatibility-matrix.html#reference_FBE739CB39F029C22617F34688BED834