Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0(2) Help with Holiday Script

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I don´t have practice with creating script uccx and appreciate who can help me. I did the xml file, and verify any models script about holiday in this discussion forum. Now, I need to do call subflow with the script that is working. I am attaching the files.

Thanks a lot,

Wilson                   

10 Replies 10

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Would you be ok not using an XML document to store your holidays?  If so, does this post help you implement holiday logic?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3759523#3759523

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi Anthony,

I read the documentation cisco, and inform that work with xml is more practice because in the next year I will have  change only the file xml. As I told, I don´t nothing have practice with creating script, the link not will help me.

Thanks,

Wilson

I disagree with you on this one.  I think you can do it, and it will even prove to be easier for you than the XML method.

If you are storing the XML document on the UCCX server, there is little to no point in doing it this way.  However, if your XML file is being served up by a third party web server then certainly this is a good method.  Where are you storing your XML document(s)?

With the XML update, which you seem to think is easy, you have to:

1. Download the most recent copy from the UCCX server

2. Open the document in a plain text editor (if you open it in a rich text editor you will mess it up)

3. Hand code the XML which most PBX administrators do not know how to do

4. Proof read the XML document to look for typos

5. Upload the XML document to the repository

If there is a typo anywhere in the XML document, the whole subflow will hault and your call will drop.  You will need to write in some exception handling to recover from such an event.

With the Date array update, which I think is superior, you have to:

1. Open the script from the repository in the script editor

2. Modify the holidays variable to add or remove dates as needed (automatic validation, no chance for invalid data)

3. Refresh your applications

It's ultimately your choice which way you go, but I think you should consider this alternative I am proposing as it has far more advantages.

1. It's lighter in weight than the XML conter part (no external documents, and the loop is smaller)

2. It does validation of what you type in automatically (this is a part of the script editor and it's validation feature)

3. It allows you to easily add or remove holidays via subflow input mappings on a per script basis (alleviates the need for multiple XML documents for different departments with varying holiday needs.

4. It using standard UCCX scripting variables and steps (contrast that with the XML method, which requires you know what a well formed XML document looks like and how to write XPATH; two additional items to learn.  I'm not saying these aren't good to know, but for comparison sake it is an additional cost to the method)

Though I will give you that it has some disadvantages.

1. If you were to move the holiday data off box to a third party web server, your XML code is 99% ready for it with a simply source document change, whereas this solution would need to be rewritten.

2. Some people could argue that working with Date arrays is hard and requires a learning curve.

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

I respect your point of the view. The script will be storage in the owner UCCX server. But, my big question is: Is possible help with script configuration/creation or no. The three step is created, now I need create a One script with or without xml. As I told I don´t have practices with script

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Wilson,
can you show us what you have done so far? We can help you adjusting your script, but please don't expect us to hand over a complete solution to you on a silver plate - simply because it's not what we are here for.
G.

Udate: working on iPad, was not able to see the attachment. Sorry about that.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Gergely,

Ok, I understand. I put the files that create in this "case".

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Anthony,

I have two alternative:

Create a unique script, that join the icd_service_desk_v2.3 and holiday

or

utilize script icd_service_desk_v2.3 to invoke the script holiday

About the reactive debug, Yes, I know as utilize

Thanks,

Wilson

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've had a chance to look at your scripts, and what you are asking for.  I think you just need the call subflow step in your icd_service_desk script, correct?

If so, here's what you need to do in your icd_service_desk script:

1. Create a new boolean variable and name it todayIsAHoliday leaving the value false

2. Drag in the Call Subflow step in the correct spot you wish to check Holiday logic

E.g., In your Regular Time of Day branch

3. Open the properties of the Call Subflow step and select the Holiday script as the subflow name

4. Click on the Output mappings tab and click add to add the todayIsAHoliday to both the Source/Destination fields

5. Click OK

6. Save/upload/refresh/etc.

7. Test with a reactive debug to the icd_service_desk script just to validate what the script is doing.

Do you know how to reactive debug, or do you need help with that too?

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

I am sorry by delay. I am trying to do the procedure step by step.

1 - Ok

2 - Ok too, but, I don´t know if the posicion in the script is correct. I put the Call Subflow after Day of Week, is it correct?

3 - I opened the option "Open the properties of the Call Subflow step and select the Holiday script as the subflow name", but, in the properties not appear the Holiday script.

In this step I stoped.

Thanks,

Wilson

2. This is really up to you.  Do you want to always check for holidays, or only when the business would normally be open?

3. If you are using the drop down list and do not see your script, then you have not yet uploaded the holiday script to the script management section of the appadmin web page.  Do that first, then try to open the properties of the step again.

Anthony Holloway