cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 Five Seat Bundle PAK

jmunoz19
Level 4
Level 4

I'm deploying a new CUCM 8 and UCCX 8 install.  For UCCX, I had planned on using the 5 Enhanced Seats bundle (CCX-80-CM-BUNDLE) that comes with every new CUCM 8 MCS.  The envelope came with the UCCX media but not a Product Authorization Key (PAK).  The notes in the bundle actually say a PAK is included in the bundle.  This particular order came with three CCX-80-CM-BUNDLE envelopes, however, none of them included PAKs.  I expected each bundle to have a piece of paper with a PAK on it (just like it used to with the 7.0 bundle).  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

enoch
Level 1
Level 1

At first, I've also got same query as you.   But I found that the 5-SEAT Enhanced User License is bundled together with the CCX-80-CMBLDLIC= (CCX 8.0 CCX CM Bundle, Appliance Entitlement pDelivery).  After you register the PAK of CCX-80-CMBLDLIC=, the License File you've got already includes the 5-SEAT Enhanced CCX User.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

enoch
Level 1
Level 1

At first, I've also got same query as you.   But I found that the 5-SEAT Enhanced User License is bundled together with the CCX-80-CMBLDLIC= (CCX 8.0 CCX CM Bundle, Appliance Entitlement pDelivery).  After you register the PAK of CCX-80-CMBLDLIC=, the License File you've got already includes the 5-SEAT Enhanced CCX User.

That was it.  THANKS!

Good responses.

My concern is similar to the one above,but my design is actually  on CUCM 8.5.

1) I want to know if i require another hardware server for the UCCX.

2) Also if it is not required at this point,  if i want to increase the number of agents in the future will i require another hardware.

3) Finally, if a hardware  is required in the future due to expansion how do i move the existing licence from the CUCM hardare server to the UCCX.

Expecting a response

Hi,

You need separated "Server" for CUCM & UCCX Application.  They can't co-exist together in one "Server", even it's only 5 agents.

But, if you're playing with UC on UCS, you can setup one more Virtual Machine in the UCS Server (if resources available), and housing several UC Applications (CUCM, UCxn, UCCX, ...) in one physical Server.

For capacity planning, please check SRND and Sizing Tools.

Hi

1) Yes, you need a seperate server. This can be virtual or physical hardware, but it cannot co-reside with CUCM or any other app on an MCS server as Unity Connection can.

2) You can buy whatever spec server you want, or provision whatever spec VM you want to avoid having to reprovision the server. Or you can specify a small physical server or OVA, and then use the DRS Backup/Rebuild on new Server/DRS Restore method to migrate.

3) If you end up with a new license MAC address after moving to a new server, you simply raise a case with the licensing team at Cisco, provide your PAK key and order information and the new/old MAC addresses, and they will provide you a new license.

Also be aware that you cannot use the 8.5 CCX bundle completely free-of-charge - according to the ordering guide (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_how_to_order.html):

PLEASE NOTE

: entitlement for the underlying appliance operating system and database has never been included as part of the bundle and to be purchased separately (see below) at a $2,995 USD List Price.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello Enoch and Aaron. I thank you guys so much.

Just to finally conclude: What i now understand is that apart from the CUCM with the 5 bundled agent licences, the only extra requirement for the UCCX will be

1. an appliance server for the UCCX

2. CCX-85-CMBLDLIC= (at the GPL price of $ 2295)

No other license is required  (I dont wnat to fall into Cisco trap )

Expecting the final response....and i will be fine

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: