Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5.1: Database Connection to MS SQL 2008 Server

dmohr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm rying to configure a Database Connection to a MS SQL 2008 Server, but so far unsuccessful.

What I've done is:

- installing the "net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver" (jtds-1.2.5.jar)

- configuring a Data Source with the JDBC URL: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://<IPADDRESS>:1433/<DATABASENAME>;InstanceName=<INSTANCENAME>

I've tried various URL-Formats but I always get the Error Message: "Test Connection Failed"

I've although tried to connect to the database with the DbVisualizer with the result:

Long Message:

Login failed for user 'USERNAME'

Details:

Type: java.sql.SQLException

Error Code: 18456

SQL State: 28000

I can logon with the User using the SQL Management Studio, so the combination of password and user is correct.

Does anyone has an idea how to fix this?

Thank you for your help.

3 Replies 3

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

Are you configuring username and password via the fields in the UI, or via the connection URL?  You may want to give the latter a shot (not sure what the platform itself is doing with the username and password fields under the covers).

mohamed.afifi
Level 1
Level 1

same issue here with server 2008 using instances.

does anyone have a solution?

Hi,

when it's "Login failed" - it means login failed. Make sure the user configured in the SQL Server has access to the specified database.

Also, read the JTDS FAQ, more precisely, the section about the URL format. You may be missing something. For instance, if your user in SQL is an AD user (not an SQL user), then you might need to add the domain parameter to the URL.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: