Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5(1)SU1 to 8.5(1)SU2 Upgrade

Good afternoon,

Just pinging to see if anyone has had an issue applying the upgrade indicated above.  We were told this will address a bug in SU1 that prvents monitoring/recording of conference calls.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Jim,

I have done couple of lab test beds upgrade from UCCX 8.5 SU1 to SU2, and didnt face any major issues as such.

If you refer the below SU2 release notes there are multiple defects which got fixed in Recording and Monitoring feature.

http://www.cisco.com/web/ccbu/CRS/8/5/1/SU2/UCCX_851SU2_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Note : Please do not reboot the box while the switch version is in progress, which might corrupt the database.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

I have performed this upgrade sucessfully as well.

HTH,

Chris

Abhiram Kramadhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We have seen a few issues with this at TAC, but absolutely no need to worry in case you are following the correct procedure.

Please note that no matter what, and no matter how long it takes: Please do not reboot the UCCX while the switch-version is in progress.

You might also want to look out for this bug (which is pretty rare):

CSCty77549

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

seanbdavis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I do not know if what happen to us was because we are in an HA setup or not, but here is what went wrong after the upgrade from UCCX 8.5(1)SU1 to 8.5(1)SU2.

1. Under  Cisco Unified CM Configuration - Selected CTI mangers had no CTI managers listed.

2. Under  System Parameters Configuration - Supervisor access  reset form access to all Teams to No access

3. Under  System Parameters Configuration -  Number of HR sessions reset from 10 to 0

4. All database data sources were wiped out and need to be resetup along with the database drivers that had been installed.

5. Real time reporting tables would not populate untill the servers had been rebooted several times.

6. All the applications that had variable values set in application management reset back to the values defined in the scripts.

Needless to say this was the worst upgrade I have done for UCCX since 4.x. The bad thing is I have done the upgrade several time in our lab since with the same results each time.

Just my experience.

Sean