cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.6 unable to login

tcvo91732
Level 1
Level 1

I am able to login using the username and password that I created in Cisco Unified OS administration and through command line.  I forgot the username and password for Cisco Unified UCCX Administration and Cisco Unified Desktop Administrator.  How do I reset it to factory default so that I could do a fresh installation or how do i retrieve the username and password to access UCCX Administration and Desktop Administrator?

8 Replies 8

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Tho Vo,

set uccx appadmin administrator

Sets the username as Cisco Unified CCX Appadmin Administrator. You can get the correct username from the call manager's end user page.

Note: Run this command to set the administrators for configured Cisco Unified CCX system only. For new install system, you must login with the platform login password specified during installation.

Command Syntax

set uccx appadmin administrator

Arguments

— Username is set as the Cisco Unified CCX application administration.

Requirements

Level privilege: 1

Command privilege level: 1

Allowed during upgrade: False

Example

admin:set uccx appadmin administrator username

UCCX appadmin adminstrator is set to username

Note: You cannot assign Administrator capability to a user ID which is the same as the application administrator user ID created during the Unified CCX installation. If you assign Administrator capability to such a user ID, a Command failed error message is displayed on the console.

Please refer page 32 in the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851cli.pdf

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on teh stars below the right answers !!

admin:set ucc

admin:set uccx

set uccx cad*

set uccx provider*

set uccx trace*

admin:set uccx cad

set uccx cad config

set uccx cad log

set uccx cad prefs

admin:set uccx provider ip

set uccx provider ip axl

set uccx provider ip jtapi

set uccx provider ip rmcm

admin:set uccx trace

set uccx trace defaults

set uccx trace disable

set uccx trace enable

set uccx trace file

I even try to rest username and password for :

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_name

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password

utils reset_ui_administrator_name

utils reset_ui_administrator_password

What do I do to retrieve the old password or username on UCCX adminstration and Desktop Administration.  I user the username and password that I log into the command line, but when I use that same username and password on UCCX adminstraion it does not work. It show as log on failed - invalid user id or password.

I have reset the username and password for applicationuser in cucm and even reset uername and password on:

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_name and

stilll the same issue unable to log in.

Hi Tho,

In your case, I think you must use CET to recover the UCCX.

Note that to use CET with UCCX 8.x (linux platform), you will need root credential. If this UCCX is in production and under Cisco support, you should open a TAC case so a Cisco engineer can help you; if this is a lab UCCX, or you don't have support from Cisco, you can try google to find how to get root account of Cisco UCCX/UCM (one nice place to go:

http://htluo.blogspot.com/2011/08/root-access-on-cucm-and-other-uc.html)

Regards,

hoanghiep

pls rate if this is useful.

Dear Tho,

Allow me to first to clarify a few things for you,

Under the navigation drop down menu on UCCX you will have several sections and not all of them use the same username and password. See below

CCX Administration – CCX Serviceability – Cisco Desktop Administrator : These sections use the administrator user id, which eventually this is an end user selected from the CallManager end user database. This user was not created during the initial installation of the server

OS Administration – Disaster Recovery System – SSH access : These sections use the OS administrator, this user was indeed created during the initial installation of the server

Unified Serviceability – RTMT – Fresh_Install: These sections use the application user, this user was also created during the initial installation of the server, unfortunately is very common for customers to forget this credential as is not use on your daily UCCX administration.

The commands below will only reset the application username and password which it won't affect your system, but just have on mind that is not the username that you need to use in order to access the CCX Administration page

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_name and

Now a few things for the CCX administration credential

* Important to remember that this is a CallManager end user, so you can search on CallManager for a potential user with the CCX or CCXadmin ID. If you have Ldap/authentication you might need to reset the password on AD, if your CallManager is not AD integrated you can reset the password and try.

* Only if you are running UCCX 8.5.1.11003-32 (SU3 and later) a new command was added in order to avoid the CET/Fresh install process with relies on Cisco TAC assistance. The command is the one indicated already on one of the replies. If you don't see this command is because you are running a UCCX version lower of 8.5.1su3.

* Last but not least is to use the CET tool which will allow us to set your system in "Fresh_Install" mode. Important to remember that when your system is set to "Fresh_Install" the username and password that you need to enter to access the Fresh_Install Wizard is the "Application username and password". Once you access the Fresh_Install Wizard you will be able to reach the section for the CCXAdmins that were selected at some point on your UCCX.

Last Tip:

On UCCX 9 the application username and password will now be a valid user to access the CCXAdministration plus any end user from CallManager. This enhancement helps to avoid log in issues when you have CUCM/Ldap problems.

If you definetly don't know the username from the CallManager database and if you are not running UCCX 8.5.1su3 + (which seems to be your case) I will recommend you to open a case with Cisco TAC for further assistance running the CET tool as we need to get into root and change a few things for this.

I hope all this helps!!

Regards,

Daniel Amador

Cisco TAC Support Engineer, IPCC Express Team

Regards, Daniel Amador CCIE# 38898 (Voice) Cisco TAC Support Engineer

Hello Daniel,

With LDAP integration, what if you donot know who was the UCCX admin user ?

Is there a way of working that out from UCM ?

Hi balmain99,

There is no way to know to be honest, let's say that you are new in the company, and you don't know which user is the admin for UCCX. We normally would try to search on the CallManager enduser for any user using a name convention related to UCCX, or CRS, but sometimes a regular user for example "j.smith" might be the administrator.

So my point here is, from CUCM you won't be able to see or know who was the UCCXadmin.

But, on UCCX you will have the following options

Prior to UCCX 8.5.1su3

You HAVE to call Cisco TAC in order to modify a few things at root level and then open the CET tool which it will allow us to set your system in "Fresh_Install". When your system is in Fresh_Install mode we need to access your server by entering the application username and password (explained on my previous post). During the wizard we will reach a section that shows the users that were selected as administrator, see image below

You will be able to add another administrator or just remember who has access to the server.

8.5.1su3 and later +

On this version you now have the option that rather than calling TAC for access to the server root, you can type a command from CLI to let the administrator set somebody else to be an administrator, see command,

admin:set uccx appadmin administrator

Now, my intention is again that you can access the server and THEN check on the same list who are the administrators. You need to go to UCCX Administration > Tool > User Management > Administrator Capability View

9.x +

Another enhacement was introduced which allows you to use the application username and password to access the UCCX administration page WITHOUT using an end user from CallManager in order to avoid LDAP problems.

But of couse you can still assign administrators (endusers) to access your UCCX system.

I hope this answer your question.

Regards,

Daniel Amador

CCIE# 38898  (Voice)

Cisco TAC Support Engineer, UCIS Team

E-mail: daamador@cisco.com

Regards, Daniel Amador CCIE# 38898 (Voice) Cisco TAC Support Engineer

Good answer for me, thanks.

/Chenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: