Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Adding outbound campaign contacts for repeated calls

Andrei Fokin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!
There is a task to call a certain number of contacts every day. Moreover, some of the contacts may be repeated this or the next day. In CCX admin guide I see that when you upload contacts with the same phone numbers, the contact history is saved:

"Each time contacts are imported, they are appended to the existing list of contacts for the selected campaign. If the new list contains a contact with the same Phone 1 value as the Phone 1, Phone 2, or Phone 3 value, or the same Phone 2 value as the Phone 1, Phone 2, or Phone 3 value, or the same Phone 3 value as the Phone 1, Phone 2, or Phone 3 value, of an existing contact, the existing contact is overwritten with the new contact information. The call history for the contact (if any) is retained."

Is it possible to re-add contacts to an existing company to call the contact again that have already been processed before or I need to create new outbound company to call a previously processed contact?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It's been a while, but I believe the answer is no. I think you have to recreate the campaign to be able to call the same number again. I believe I tried this with version 10 at some point and was disappointed in this.

View solution in original post

One workaround I can think of is to insert the contact with a prefix which is unique enough to not cause a match.

E.g., You have a pattern in CUCM like 9#XXXX#.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX and in your API you randomize the 4 digits between the pound symbols when inserting new records.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

It's been a while, but I believe the answer is no. I think you have to recreate the campaign to be able to call the same number again. I believe I tried this with version 10 at some point and was disappointed in this.

Hi David! Thank you for sharing your experience. I also think so, but I could not find confirmation in the documentation and there is no way to check the possibilities either.

One workaround I can think of is to insert the contact with a prefix which is unique enough to not cause a match.

E.g., You have a pattern in CUCM like 9#XXXX#.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX and in your API you randomize the 4 digits between the pound symbols when inserting new records.

Thank You, Anthony. Yes, your idea is clear. It was important for me to understand the concept of UCCX adding contacts for outgoing calls. As I realized it is conceptually correct to create a new outbound company to call a pool of contacts instead of adding a pool of contacts to the same constantly existing company.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: