cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX agent still in "Talking" state after transferring the ACD call to their second line

Kalyan iyer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that has a unique requirement. They use UCCX 8.5 and each of their helpdesk agent phone  (7942 phone) has two lines, line 1 - an ACD line and a line 2- non-ACD line. They log in using CAD agent on their  line 1 and receive ACD calls. During after-hours, they want the agent the ability to transfer the ACD call to their non-ACD line (line 2) on the same phone (not use another phone), be able to put the call on hold on the second line and receive another ACD call on line 1. Is this possible?

From the CAD, when they tried to transfer the call to their second line, they get a work flow error which I soon found was a bug CSCtn42095. The work-around in the bug suggests to use the phone soft key to do the transfer (instead of using CAD) and they are successful in transferring the call. However, even after they transfer the call to the second line, the agent state remains "Talking" instead of going back to "Ready" there by not receiving the next ACD call in Queue. However, if they are active on the non-ACD line making or receiving a call, the agent state is seen as "Ready" and they can receive the ACD call in Queue. Also, if the ACD call on line 1 is transferred  to another phone, the agent state changes to "Ready" and thereby able to receive another ACD call. Is this the expected behavior? I would have thought that the UCCX only monitors the ACD  line (in this case line 1) and once the call is transferred to the non-ACD line, the agent becomes available (Ready) to take the next call in Queue. Am I missing something? Are there any work-arounds?

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kalyan,

You are welcome , please don't forget to rate all the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below each of the right answers.

Thanks,

Anand

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Kalyan,

Please refer the UCCX 8.5 SRND,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/design/uccx851srnd.pdf

Multiple Lines Support:

Cisco Unified CCX provides multiple line support using the 6900/7900/8900/9900 series phones as agent devices. The Join Across Line (JAL) and Direct Transfer Across Line (DTAL) operations are supported on the 7900/8900/9900 series phones. Up to 4 lines are monitored by Cisco Unified CCX, these include 1 ACD line and 3 non-ACD lines but only the ACD line can be controlled from the agent desktop. The agent state depends only on the ACD line on the agent's device.

Cisco Unified CCX allows more than four lines to be configured on the agent device but monitors only the first four lines provided these lines are not shared. The ACD line should be among the first four lines. The Agent can perform JAL and DTAL operations for the ACD call only by using the monitored lines Calls on the non-ACD lines can be displayed on Cisco Agent Desktop. Supervisors can also monitor, record, intercept and barge-in on all calls or only ACD calls, depending on configuration.

Note

•For agent devices with monitored non-ACD lines, make sure to include the non-ACD lines as the CTI controlled lines when performing sizing for Cisco Unified CM server(s).

•ACD calls should only be transferred to the ACD lines controlled by Cisco Unified CCX.

--------------------------------------

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/release/guide/uccx851rn.pdf

An agent ACD (Cisco Unified CCX) extension is valid only with a single line. An agent ACD extension must not be configured to forward on no answer to a voice messaging system or to any other termination point. Doing so might affect re-routing on ring-no-answer of a Cisco Unified CCX routed call to another agent or back to queue. Agents who need to be contacted directly or who need voice messages should have their phones configured with a second extension (and multiple lines if necessary).

Cisco Unified CCX will monitor and report on activity on the non-ACD extensions on a phone.

-------------------------------

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Hi Anand,

Thank you for your quick response. I had actually referred to this section in SRND. In my case, there are only two lines, so this is a supported configuration.

What I am not clear about are

1)  "ACD calls should only be transferred to other ACD lines" -Does this mean, they can't transfer the call to another non-agent like a knowledge worker?  Then I am confused when I see DTAL and JAL are supported on 7900 series phones, does this also mean that DTAL and JAL are supported only for calls to other ACD agents.

2) The agent state only depends on the ACD line - In my case, after the ACD call was transferred out, the agent's ACD line is idle but yet the CAD agent state shows "Talking" state.

Please clarify

HI Kalyan,

1. You can transfer the ACD line calls to both ACD lines and non-ACD lines, but UCCX will only monitor the Agents ACD and upto 3 non-ACD lines.

2. Please check your configurations , ensure that the non-ACD line is not associated as the UCCX extension in CUCM.

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful answers !!

Anand,

Thank you. I just checked the configuration again. Here is what I have configured.

There are 2 lines on the 7942 agent phone

Line 1 - 7058 - ACD line

Line 2 - 4277 - non-ACD line.

IPCC extension on the user page is set to 7058. UCCX agent extension shows as 7058 for that agent.

Finally, on the device association, I have associated the device with the RmCm user.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Kalyan

Hi Kalyan,

This looks fine, please check the below parameters as well.

All the Agent DNs are set so that Max Calls = 2 and Busy trigger = 1.

Can you please tell us, what is the reason code generated when Agent goes to Not-Ready (open the Agent reports to check this) state after performing the Transfer operation.

Thanks,

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi Anand,

One correction from your response above. The agent state is not "Not Ready" but "Talking" after the call is transferred to the second line. On the CAD agent, I see the call

Anyways,

The agent DN was at Max calls =4 and Busy trigger = 2 (default)

I changed it to Max Calls =2 and Busy trigger = 1 as you had suggested

Tested again. The agent state is still "Talking" and obviously no reason code associated with it. I have attached the screen shots from the test call

Hi kalyan,

I am little confused. Could you please correct me with the call flow:

1. Caller calls the UCCX route point gets connected to Agents ACD line.

2. When this caller is connected to this Agent's ACD line, the Agents state is in Talking state and is expected also.

3. Now the Agent transfers (consult or Blind)  this call to his second line which his Non-ACD line or some other Agents Non-ACD line, and presses the transefer button to free up his ACD line.

4. Now his State in the CAD should be Ready, but in your case it is still showing as talking ?

Thanks,

Anand

Anand,

Exactly. Except on step 3 - If the agent transfers to a DN on another device, the agent state becomes Ready. However, if the agent transfers to another DN on his device, the agent state is still talking even after the transfer is completed.

Kalyan

Hi Kalyan,

Finally it was a defct you are hitting with the current version.

=================================

CSCtl47546

Transfer from non-ICD line to ICD does not allow call control

Agent state was not changing and CAD buttons were grayed out with the below call scenario's.

1. NON ACD ---calls-->ACD
2. caller ---> NON ACD ---transfer ---> ACD
3. caller --->AA----> NON ACD ----transfer --->ACD
4. caller --->  ACD ---transfer ---> NON ACD
5. caller --->AA----> ACD ----transfer ---> NON ACD
6. NON ACD ---> Unmonitored Ext, NONACD ---transfer---->ACD
7. caller ---> NON ACD ---transfer --->NON  ACD

=================================

Please try upgrading your system to UCCX 8.5(1)SU3, and check this behaviour.

Hope this finally helps.

Anand

Please rate all the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Anand,

The UCCX  is already at 8.5(1) SU3 - S/W version - 8.5.1.11003-32

Kalyan

Hi Kalyan,

Please open a case with Cisco TAC for this issue\workaround.

To open a request with TAC, please go to http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/

Thanks,

Anand

Hi Kalyan,

Please refer the below thread,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27061

Thanks,

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Anand,

Thank you. That helps.

Kalyan

Hi Kalyan,

You are welcome , please don't forget to rate all the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below each of the right answers.

Thanks,

Anand