Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Call Drop

m.isargar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We want to move our main number (12345XXX) to the new Gateway2. Old Gateway1 is connected to PSTN via a PRI link and Gateway2 uses SIP. Both gateways are talking H.323 to CUCM. Recently, I have carried out some tests on second gateway in order to prepare it for transition. 

Picture1.png

Basic calls inbound/outbound calls over Gateways seem to work. But, we have a problem with UCCX scripts. Suppose XYZ directory number is forwarded to UCCX script. We have the following situtation:

A) When 54321XYZ is called from PSTN: Welcome prompt plays with no problem, entered digits seem to be received by UCCX Get Digit String (no DTMF problem?), but after that and executing Call Redirect step, call is dropped after a short time period (less than one second). 

B) When 12345XYZ (PRI) is called from PSTN: Everything works flawlessly. 

C) When 12345XYZ is called from an internal phone: Everything works again. 

There's something wrong with SIP being added to the topology.

After collecting some traces, I came across the attached exception from UCCX MIVR logs. The called extension is 170. Searching the error CTIERR_REDIRECT_CALL_MEDIA_CONNECTION_FAILED, I found a Cisco document which says: 

"Calling party and Cisco Unified CCX do not have common codec
Symptom The calling party hears a fast busy signal when calling into a Cisco Unified CCX application.
Possible Cause The calling device’s codec is possibly incompatible with Cisco Unified CCX.
Recommended Action Use the transcoding service on Cisco Unified CM or ensure that the calling device
is using G.711 or G729, depending on what is configured on the Cisco Unified CCX server."

I couldn't find any codec inconsistency between UCCX and gateway configuration. 

CM and CCX versions: 11.5

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My recommendation: You should not being using H323 on gateway 2.  Switch it to SIP and I would bet your issue goes away, and even if it doesn't (I.e., due to configuration error on outside SIP leg), it will be 10x easier to figure out what's wrong with a sip-to-sip call.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My recommendation: You should not being using H323 on gateway 2.  Switch it to SIP and I would bet your issue goes away, and even if it doesn't (I.e., due to configuration error on outside SIP leg), it will be 10x easier to figure out what's wrong with a sip-to-sip call.

m.isargar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Thank you so much for your comment.

It did worked.