cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Callback implementation timeout problem

d.vieritz
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on an implementation of the "Callback" function for queued callers based on the Cisco sample scripts

BaseLineAdvQueuing and BaseLineMesageCallback.   The function works correctly.  If my agents are all in Not Ready state and callers select to leave a callback number and message then their "callback" calls are queued successfully.  When an agent is made "Ready" the callback calls are delivered in the correct order and the callbacks are processed successfully.  My problem is that the "Callback" calls time out and disappear from the queue after about 30 minuted.  If an agent becomes ready after 40 minutes there are no calls delivered to them.  I have tracked this via the Real Time Reports which show active sessions for the queued Callback calls.  These disappear from the Real Time Report after 30 mins.   Is there a way to extend this timeout?.

Regards,

David

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not familiar with those sample scripts.  Do they use Sessions by chance?  The default timeout for a Session is 30 minutes.  You can change it in System Parameters, but unless you are using Sessions, changing won't do anything for you.  So, check you script for Session usage and let me know.

Alternatively, it may not be a timed event per se, rather a maximum number of executed steps.  That is 1,000 by default, and can also be changed in System Parameters.

To check that it's a maximum step execution failure, use RTMT to pull UCCX Engine logs and look for the following text in the file:

WFMaxExecutedStepsExceededException

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

rschwendeman
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get your issue resolved.  I am running into the same issue.

Have you checked your MIVR logs for the WFMaxExecutedStepsExceededException error?

The logic in the Advanced Queuing script is such that it loops the Get Digit String step once ever 6 seconds.  Even if I didn't consider all the steps that your callers go through before getting there, this small section will execute 1,000 steps in 50 minutes.  Subtract off your steps above and this could easily be 20 or 30 minutes.

The Callback script is less likely the culprit as it executes 3 steps every 30 seconds, which is 166 minutes or 2.7 hours.

My guess is that both of you are hitting the max steps on your main script.  Check your MIVR logs to know for sure.  Post your script and I'll review it.

Also, what is your UCCX System Parameter for Max Steps set to?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.