Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX CCG

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

Is there any way to concatenate two or more CCG in order to increase the capacity of CTI Ports for a given trigger?

Du to COVID situation we receive a very high volume of calls for which we don't have enough sessions and CTI Ports. I won't be able to extend the number of CTI Port in the same CCG as all CTI Ports follow each other. I would like to create a new CCG and concatenate with the existing one in order to handle more calls.

I was thinking of:

1) Creating a new CCG-2

2) Forward Busy of the last port of CCG-1 to the first port of the CCG-2 and so on. Would this work? Do you guys have any ideas how can this issue be resolved ?

I can create CCG-2 with a larger capacity of CTI Ports and assign to the trigger of CCG-1 but the issue is that I will be losing all existing calls in the queue as the CTP Ports of CCG-1 go unregistered.

Thanks,

MK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If memory serves me, UCCX will delete all ports from the CCG you are trying to expand, in order to re-create them all at once. Therefore, yes, it is service impacting. Here's what I would do if I wanted to know for sure. I would create a single port CCG and put it on a test trigger, call it and then expand that CCG to see if my call dropped.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Recommend you to do this change during a maintenance window as it as you say would affect your service.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger,

Do you have any idea if there's a way to concatenate the CCG or have any other ideas to increase the CTI Port capacity in a given CCG? 

Thanks,

MK

You can change the configuration on the CCG to add more ports to it, but this should be done in a maintenance window to not affect the service.

Response Signature

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Forwarding the CTI ports is a bad idea. UCCX picks a CTI port from the list in the CCG assigned to the trigger, if there are no available ports, then it doesn't pick one. You could probably forward the Trigger 1 to Trigger 2, each assigned a different CCG, but I'm not even confident about that. The only real way to increase capacity is to expand your CTI port group. And you cannot merge two together, so the process would be to delete one first, then expand the remaining one.

Thanks Anthony,

If I create a new CCG with a larger capacity. Would you see any impacts while swinging the old CCG to the new one. Am I going to lose all calls waiting in queue?

Thanks,

MK

If memory serves me, UCCX will delete all ports from the CCG you are trying to expand, in order to re-create them all at once. Therefore, yes, it is service impacting. Here's what I would do if I wanted to know for sure. I would create a single port CCG and put it on a test trigger, call it and then expand that CCG to see if my call dropped.