Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - changing AXL username

yandi
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Is there a way in UCCX to change the AXL admin account used to connect to CUCM without it deleting the current account from CUCM? I mistakenly used the main CUCM super user admin account and now want to swap it out for another before going much further with setup.

I realise I could create another CUCM super user account and recreate the deleted CUCM super user account after UCCX deletes it but would prefer to avoid doing this on CUCM. Would be much better if there was some way of stopping UCCX from deleting it in the first place. I've also tried disconnecting UCCX from the network and changing it but the new UCCX AXL admin username doesn't show after the reboot - it's still the old one.

thanks

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is straight forward, in CUCM create new application users, give it AXL user group, then in CCX go to System --> Cisco Unified CM configuration and under AXL service provider enter new username and password.

Chris

Hi

Thanks - I realise that's the process to change it, but when you change the username it automatically deletes the current username from CUCM. I don't want this to happen as it is the main superuser account for the CUCM system. Do you know if there's a way to change the UCCX AXL username without UCCX deleting the CUCM account?

thanks

I've never seen CCX delete the AXL account when changing, and I've corrected a lot of clusters that were set up with the main CCM admin account. 

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi

Apparently it is a new thing in UCCX 10.5.. e.g.

I just ran into this situation where the CUCM admin application account created during installation was used in UCCX as the AXL user. Changing the AXL user in UCCX to a newly created CUCM application user did NOT delete the CUCM admin application account from CUCM. BTW, the red warning indicated in yandi's post did appear before updating/saving the change in UCCX.