Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Chat Question

B_VOIP_NE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have UCCX Standard 12.5.  I do not have any premium licenses.  I am trying to find information on how to integrate some sort of "chat with customers" feature on our public website.  Based on my research, this feature was available back in 10.5/11 with social miner but has since been discontinued.  Can I do any type of chat feature with the public and my CCX agents using the licensing I have?  I know agents can chat with each other but I am looking at specifically adding a feature where the public can chat with my agents.  

If native CCX isn't the way to do this has anyone had any luck with other applications for this?

These are the licenses I have:

CCX Enhanced Server License 12.5
CCX Enhanced Warm Standby 12.5
CCX Enhanced Seat 12.5 CCX Enhanced Seat Licenses

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

One option that does integrate well is https://www.upstreamworks.com/

Cisco’s CCaaS offering Webex Contact Center also has a native chat offering.

View solution in original post

Hi Mike_Brezicky,

I find your tip about Customer Collab Platform R12.5. 

Like author this topic, Im building a demo lab with CUCM-UCCX-CUP R12.5 and Jabber software for windows. Jabber user can chat with each other but agent logged in finesse can't sign in  desktop chat. Errors "server is unreachable, please contact administrator".

Is it really need the premium license? Please give me advise. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
in 12.5, Social Miner has been renamed to Customer Collaboration Platform, but generally is the same as social miner. However, in order to use the feature for chat, agents will need the premium, not enhanced licensing.

Thank you for the information.  Is there any 3rd party products you can reccomend?  They don't have to necessarily integrate with CCX.  I just can't switch over our 200 seats from enhanced to premium as the cost is too high.

One option that does integrate well is https://www.upstreamworks.com/

Cisco’s CCaaS offering Webex Contact Center also has a native chat offering.

Hi Mike_Brezicky,

I find your tip about Customer Collab Platform R12.5. 

Like author this topic, Im building a demo lab with CUCM-UCCX-CUP R12.5 and Jabber software for windows. Jabber user can chat with each other but agent logged in finesse can't sign in  desktop chat. Errors "server is unreachable, please contact administrator".

Is it really need the premium license? Please give me advise. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: