cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX collect digits after place a call step

mohamedrishin
Level 1
Level 1

The requirement is to do a callback after 10 mins once the caller ends the call with the agent. I am routing the call from the connected state to the exceptionCIE and then presenting the survey menu with a place a call step. The issue is am not able to see the digits entered in custom variable report

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

After doing my own testing I did get this to work.

Script A - The one the Caller calls into

In this script you are going to keep your CIE capture method and your Place Call Step to Script B, however, you will only now perform a Call Redirect in the Successful branch to the caller at this time.

Example:

SurveyClients = Place Call (to PostCallTreatment)
Successful
Call Redirect (SurveyClients to "9" + ANI)
Successful
End

Script B - The Survey Itself

In this script you are going to treat it as if the caller themselves called you for a survey, and just use your menu and Set Enterprise Call Info step like you were originally trying to do.  Though, do note that in script B, you wont need to change the Triggering Contact.

Example:

Accept (--Triggering Contact--)
Menu (--Triggering Contact--, prompt)
  Very Satisfied
    Set Enterprise Call Info (--Triggering Contact--) Variables Used: Rating

One possible issue you might run into, is you do not know when the caller actually answers the phone, and so, you might start playing the survey menu too soon.  You should play around with delays before the menu to see what's a good default delay, but also keep in mind that you can rely on the menu to repeat itself too if needed.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you stated that after a ContactInactiveException (CIE) you present a survey menu, is that right?  If so, this doesn't sound correct by any account, and you will not be able to play a prompt or a choice to a caller who has triggered a CIE.  You'll have to redo your steps after the CIE to not interact with the Contact which went Inactive.

Yes you’re right. I had to put the survey options under the CIE tab. It works except I cannot see the caller info or the digits entered by the caller. The trigger in the menu under the CIE is the one I have mapped to place a call step. 

do you suggest any other options to have the caller receive a call after 10 mins of disconnecting the call with the agent with the survey menu 

Maybe if I saw what you're doing it would make more sense to me.  Are you saying you are using the place call first, calling the customer back, then using the menu to ask them a survey question?  If so, the data you record in this leg for this Contact, will not be attached to the caller's original leg/Contact record.  Is that the issue?  Or are you ok with the records not matching, you just want the survey, but that's not being recorded?

Thank you for your reply

I am not seeing called party records or the digits he pressed but only seeing the details till the connected state.

Basically the call after setting the CSQ, selects an Agent, which routes to CIE after the disconnection, where I have place call and when successful presented with the survey menu. I am looking for a report with  the CSQ, Caller Number, Agent and the Survey option selected. 

attaching the script here.

Thanks for sharing.

From what I can tell, it looks correct.  Can you collect the script steps or perform a reactive debug just to be sure it's working as expected?  I.e., The script you are troubleshooting versus the script which the engine is running.

I run the debug and can see the digit entered. Attaching the logs here. When doing the reactive debug also, I can see the details being mapped to the parameter, just that its not showing in the custom variable report.

Is this anything to do with the call being an outbound call. I removed all the filters and checked but no luck

Yep, I just ran a test with an outbound call and no record is created in the contactcalldetail table.

You will likely need to do the same thing we do for callbacks then.  Use the Place Call step to call another UCCX trigger/app/script which then Call Redirects to the customer, so you can create an inbound contact record for recording the survey results.

Thanks Anthony

The way you mentioned, I need to carry the variable containing the caller info to the Call redirect script. Can you please share a sample script on carrying the variable to the other script 

Actually you don't, because of the way UCCX works, your Survey Contact from the Place Call step will be the same Contact as the Triggering Contact in the second script (just one is outbound and one is inbound - two different legs), and therefore, you can still use the Set Enterprise Call Info step in the first script like you're doing now.

Hello Anthony,

I did the Place Call to transfer to a Trigger, which then redirects to the Caller number through a different script. I am getting the call however the survey menu is not playing. The call fails with system error. I am attaching the scripts here. Appreciate if you could take a look at it. Thanks

After doing my own testing I did get this to work.

Script A - The one the Caller calls into

In this script you are going to keep your CIE capture method and your Place Call Step to Script B, however, you will only now perform a Call Redirect in the Successful branch to the caller at this time.

Example:

SurveyClients = Place Call (to PostCallTreatment)
Successful
Call Redirect (SurveyClients to "9" + ANI)
Successful
End

Script B - The Survey Itself

In this script you are going to treat it as if the caller themselves called you for a survey, and just use your menu and Set Enterprise Call Info step like you were originally trying to do.  Though, do note that in script B, you wont need to change the Triggering Contact.

Example:

Accept (--Triggering Contact--)
Menu (--Triggering Contact--, prompt)
  Very Satisfied
    Set Enterprise Call Info (--Triggering Contact--) Variables Used: Rating

One possible issue you might run into, is you do not know when the caller actually answers the phone, and so, you might start playing the survey menu too soon.  You should play around with delays before the menu to see what's a good default delay, but also keep in mind that you can rely on the menu to repeat itself too if needed.

Thanks a lot Anthony.

I just finalised the testing and got it working. I did the Place call to the caller first and then redirected when successful to the survey script. the variables were all transferred.

Thanks a lot for your time and all the guidance.

Have a wonderful day

I'm happy to have been able to help you achieve your goals!  You're very welcome!

Hello Anthony,

Do you think any other workaround for achieving this requirement of having a call back, but only after the call disconnected with the Agent.

Appreciate all your support