Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX configured with more CTI ports than licensed for Premium licenses

I have a customer that has configured 450 CTI ports in various control groups for UCCX.

They have only 100 premium seats giving them 200 IVR ports maximum.

My question is how customer is able to install 450 ports, if system maximum is 400 and customer licensed maximum is 200?

Does this mean customer will be able to use only 200 simultaneous CTI connections at one time?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Confirmed with Cisco the following:

"There can be any number of IVR ports configured in the Control Group of UCCX. However, UCCX will allow concurrent ports active equal to the licenses of IVR ports. In other words, there can be more ports configured on the UCCX system than there are licenses but only licensed number of ports can be active at one time."

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

NetworkScoops
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure which version your on but per document for UCCX version 10.5.1  the 201st will be denied when and if requested.

Advanced IVR ports licensing—Advanced IVR ports are licensed on a per-inbound voice seat basis and are available only with the Premium package. Each inbound voice seat provides two Advanced IVR port licenses. For example, a 100-seat inbound voice deployment provides 200 Advanced IVR port licenses. Advanced IVR port licenses counts are checked at run-time. In the example given here, the 201st simultaneously active request for an Advanced IVR port to handle an incoming call would be denied. Deployments that require additional advanced IVR ports need to purchase add-on Unified CCX Premium seats. Each Premium seat provides two advanced IVR ports.

Resource: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_5/design/guide/UCCX_BK_C2EB4F58_00_unified-cccx-design-guide-105/UCCX_BK_C2EB4F58_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express-10-5_chapter_00.html

Thank you Network Scoops,

Just to confirm my understanding, 

1) We can configure as many IVR Ports as we want, no limit inside UCCX Control groups

2) The number of licenses of IVR ports determine how many active calls can exist concurrently

Correct?

sourajit01
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Muzaffar,
In UCCX, you may have Standard license and Premium License. In Standard License you vet the basic IVR ports which is decided by the OVA template that is used to deploy UCCX, i.e. for 100 users(100 basic i e ports) or 300 users(300 ivr ports).

In case of Premium License we get Advanced IVR ports, i.e. the number of IVR ports is double the number of agent licenses. So if you have 100 agent licenses, the number of IVR ports are 200. In UCCX, maximum number of agents cannot be more than 400 thus even if we have 300 agents, the number of IVR ports cannot exceed 400.

Yes, the number of IVR port signifies the number of concurrent calls that the UCCX can handle.

How can we explain 450 IVR ports configured, while I see only 100 premium seat licenses installed?

Confirmed with Cisco the following:

"There can be any number of IVR ports configured in the Control Group of UCCX. However, UCCX will allow concurrent ports active equal to the licenses of IVR ports. In other words, there can be more ports configured on the UCCX system than there are licenses but only licensed number of ports can be active at one time."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: