Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Contact is inactive when getting channel

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a script on UCCX that has a HTTP trigger. Our monitoring system will trigger the script in case of an emergency outside office hours, and the script will look up the number of an engineer on duty and will start a call to inform him of the emergency.

The script is working up to the point that the engineer should hear a prompt anouncing that there is an emergency.

The call is setup but there is no prompt and the call gets disconnected.

When I do a reactive debug of the script, I get this error on the menu step:

Djeten_1-1695814172554.png

Djeten_0-1695814145160.png

This is weird because this script has worked before.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

IIRC, Simple Recognition is DTMF. Does your Place Call step specify a Dialog Group?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

I'm trying to understand what you're trying to do. The HTTP trigger hits the script, the script will then place an outbound call and the called party needs to hear the menu? I've actually didn't know you could connect the IVR to an outbound call, that's pretty cool if that's what you're trying to make happen.

david

That is exactly what I'm trying to do. The HTTP trigger hits the script, looks in the database which engineer is on duty, calls his number and sends him an email with more details of the emergency. In the call there is a prompt announcing that there is an emergency and then the engineer has to acknowledge the call by pressing #. This has worked in the past, but for some unknown reason, this script stopped working and now the prompt in the menu is not played and the script ends with the error I mentioned before...

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Menu step (and anything else that will interact with the call) need to reference the Contact-type variable you created for the Place Call step. Triggering Contact is the HTTP trigger.

When I change this, then I get this error on the menu step:

Djeten_0-1695884741831.png

IIRC, Simple Recognition is DTMF. Does your Place Call step specify a Dialog Group?

That was the problem indeed! Thanks