cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Create log

OrBaram
Level 1
Level 1

One of our customers asked me to create a log for him from the script that contains the following data in a text file:

1) Date and time
2) Identity card
3) What is the code we received from the DB
4) The HUNT number that is transferred

Is there a way for me to create a simple text file with the following data from the script and save it in some folder?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It would likely be better if you populate that information into PVs, peripheral variables, so that you can use them in CUIC reports.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

It would likely be better if you populate that information into PVs, peripheral variables, so that you can use them in CUIC reports.

Response Signature

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with Roger here - write it to a call variable Call.PeripheralVariable (General tab of Set Enterprise Call Info step) so it’s in SQL. Or even a second external database table where you write a row per-call.

To answer the question as-asked though: there is a writeable directory; however, it is not replicated between HA nodes, backed up, or have any automated cleanup/deletion of files. You’re signing up to manage this manually via CLI if you use it. You can write to it from the script with the Document palette; IIRC the syntax for this is FILE[/opt/cisco/uccx/Customer/myFilename.txt]. The CLI command is file <action> custom_file.

In the 

I have also done this using the basics - write to an xml file sitting on a share drive. It would also be accessible real-time as you just have to open the file. It's not exactly "text", but it works quite well and is accessible as "real-time" data. 

Hi,

Can you please provide examples of how to do this? I'm not doing so well