cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Datasource Failover

Simon Edwards
Level 1
Level 1

I am accessing data from a remote SQL server, using a UCCX datasource, and I'm using this data in a bespoke UCCX IVR application.  Our remote SQL server is one of a pair, with the other server being a failover server, so only one is active at a time. (We also have a third server which is an SQL witness server, which handles failover of the 2 SQL servers.)

I can create a datasource for the live server in UCCX, and this works fine. But I cannot work out how to include the failover server in the datasource config.

I have tried to create a second datasource for the backup server, and then handle failover in my UCCX script, which kind of works, but it puts the database subsystem into Partial Service. In UCCX Seviceability there is no real indication of why the database subsystem is in partial service, so this is going to mask any real problems with the DB which is legitimately putting it into partial service.

I'm also getting some weird problems deploying scripts etc. which I suspect is something to do with the DB being in Partial Service, as I don't get any problems when I only have 1 datasource defined for the live SQL server (and the DB subsystem is not in Partial Service).

Is there a better way of providing failover for datasources than this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

An alternative method that will fix your problem, use an F5 load balancer if you have them available in your network.

It can be configured to provide connectivity to the "online" SQL server, remove the need to create alternate DSNs, and clear up your data source 'in partial service' issue. 

That's how we have resolved this problem.

-Sean

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

An alternative method that will fix your problem, use an F5 load balancer if you have them available in your network.

It can be configured to provide connectivity to the "online" SQL server, remove the need to create alternate DSNs, and clear up your data source 'in partial service' issue. 

That's how we have resolved this problem.

-Sean

Good solution!  And yes, I think we do have a Load Balancer we can utilise.  Many thanks for the suggestion.