cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX development capabilities and configuration.

E_
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Cisco TAC advised I reach out to this community for a better understanding on what I am being asked to perform and how to properly make it happen. Please see the below request I have received and advise if the capabilities are there. I welcome any links that contain information on how to set up the account in UCCX so our developers can get what they need. Thank you.

We want the real time and historical data as streams, so that is different and would need to be completed over an API. We also, as I mentioned before, are not trying to do configuration management that the UCCX API you reference does. Does this version not have an API that allows for data streams? What about the Finesse API for our current version?

We would prefer to hit an API that can provide us with all real time call data and historical call data as needed and we will stream it over to our internal system for alerting and dashboarding. We are not attempting to make configuration changes or manipulations to the systems at all. This is specifically to harvest real time and historical data.

8 Replies 8

There's no real stream for that information, actually there's no real API for call reporting. You could build some middleware that hits the UCCX DB and provides this information, but not sure if that really adds value. Dashboards can be provided out of the box via CUIC. Alerting could be done via SNMP or in the scripting itself. The requirements sound a little broad. I would dig deeper to understand what exactly they want to do and then break that down based on UCCX capabilities.

david

Hey David,

So it appeas the CTI Protocol would give us access to the real time data portion we need. I'm early into the documentation on all of this, but it appears our service account would need access to the CTI Server to allow for us to start pulling that data from the protocol in bridge mode. We can figure out everything to create the client to interact with CTI after the network team gives us appropriate access. Do you have any information on what access/permissions they would need to grant within CTI Server, and/or within the UCCX system in general, for our service account to use the protocol?

The link i posted outlines how this is done using the REST API.

Live Data Streaming Datasource 

Live Data report uses this Streaming data source. This is a preconfigured stock data source in Unified Intelligence Center and the fields are not editable. Live Data reports provide real time statistics for Agent and Supervisor. Live data (Real Time) reports for agent and supervisor can be run in CUIC and also available in finesse desktop as gadgets. Live Data is consumed by Intelligence Center Reporting service.

On the data source listing page, the primary host name or IP address is displayed. This datasource makes a websocket connection over port 12015 to socket IO service which is responsible for Live Data feed hence this is a continous stream connection and always point to current node i.e. N1 points to IP/hostname of N1 and N2 points to IP/hostname of N2.

The Live Data web service basically is used for making rest calls. It basically has support for three rest calls.

• Auth Token: The token is required to connect - make a new connection to Socket IO service.
    The clients send a token for every connection request which is validated by the socket IO service by making a rest call to Live Data web service.

• Snapshot request : The snapshot request is to request the socket IO service to send full Snap shot data.

• Authentication url : This rest API provides the info, for this agent which are the valid values he can view data for in the LD gadget reports.

When you initially login to CUIC this datasource needs certs to be accepted over port 12015. Once accepted it fetches token from CCX engine over port 9443 and after authentication of token it comes online. 

@Steven L this is a great document, but I don't believe LiveData is consumable by anything other than CUIC. So that wouldn't help the use case presented by OP. I would love to be proven wrong though as being able to tap into the the LiveData connection would be very cool.

Correct, the socketIO is not exposed to customers. 

In UCCE you can tap into the CTI interface which talks in GED 188. Looking around it appears that the same can be done for UCCX (https://devnetsupport.cisco.com/hc/en-us/sections/115002851307-CTI-Server-Protocol-GED-188-) Now, this is possible, but it's a long hard road and I believe you need to buy a license from Cisco officially be able to create a middle ware to capture the GED188 messaging.

david

PTS
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi have you been able to fulfill your requirement.

If you are open to 3rd party application then we can help you out.

We had delivered a connector for one of our client based on UCCE GED-188

Parsec's connector/middleware application was developed based on Cisco UCCE GED-188 protocol.
Parsec's connector application communicates with UCCE CTI server at one side and with 3rd party application at other side using HTTP REST API.
Parsec's connector application forwards required event and corresponding data/parameters in real time as JSON message to 3rd party application.

You can write to info@parsec-tech.com for further details