cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Editor 9.x and XML

brad.modelle
Level 1
Level 1

I'm hoping to get a better understanding about how to call a simple XML file from the document repository on UCCX version 9.0.2.

I have the following for an XML file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

<IVRSTATE>

<SYSVAR>

<wm>01</wm>

<pm>02</pm>

<hm>77</hm>

<mo>0</mo>

<ho>0</ho>

<wo>0</wo>

</SYSVAR>

</IVRSTATE>

...and here are screens of the UCCX script and variables.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. I have also attached the full script in case anybody wants to toss it into the 9.0 editor.

15 Replies 15

brad.modelle
Level 1
Level 1

I should also say that the XML file is in the default repository directory as opposed to en_us.

I have a request in with Cisco's Advanced Services group to discuss.

Hi,

you may want to post this in the Contact Center section of the forum

Also, can you please give me more details on what you mean by "calling" an XML? Do you want to filter out information out of it and assign it to a local variable?

If so, the following is enough to get the value of the vm XML element:

Set myVariable = Get XML Document Data (xmldoc,"//wm")

etc.

Cisco documentation is kind of fuzzy on this.

G.

Yes, I'd like to assign data from an XML file that's located in the Document Repository to a variable in the script using the Get XML Document Data step. I included screens of the script and variables, and even the script itself.

Any chance you can tell me whether or not I'm out of bounds? The script worked perfectly on UCCX versions up to 8.5, but after the upgrade to 9.0.2 it's broker n' the 10 commandments.

Do you have a sample script that's successful in version 9.0.2 with a Create XML Document and Get XML Document Data process? I'd be much obliged.

Hi,

actually, your script looks alright to me - unfortunately, I am able to see what I am able to see in them screenshots, I don't have a version 9 UCCX handy.

I suspect a changed (broken?) SAX XML parser, so it might be an internal problem of UCCX.

Can you replace the XPath query to "//wm" to check what happens?

Also, can you try reactive debugging of the script to see at what step it fails.

G.

When I reactively debug, I get the error message in the screen I attached, at the first Get XML Document Data step.

Hi,

well, according to this error message, the file cannot be found.

Are you sure the file exists and in the correct place and named correctly? Filenames are case sensitive.

G.

I've tried it case-sensitive and not case sensitive. My issue [I think] is that for some crazy reason the value of the variable that holds the location of the XML file ends up as some mess that looks like $cisco.yourfiledisappeared.intospace/goodluckfatty.

I'm uploading the XML file to the default directory [as opposed to en_us] in the Documents repository.

Also, moved the post to the Contact Center forum.

Hi,
I understand your frustration, I really do.
Actually, ca you try uploading that XML to the default/webapp (or webapps?) folder in the document repository and try accessing with a browser, usin http and port 9080 - do you see anything?
G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I was able to pull up the document in an internet browser using the following URL, which I obtained by viewing the source file for the Document/default/webapp folder display page in UCCX and locating the state.xml link and noting its location. It's odd that "temp" has been added.

https:///appadmin/temp/state.xml

This URL was also used to reference it.

https:///appadmin/Document?request_type=pgd.play&filename=state.xml&currentDir=%2fdefault%2fwebapp%2f&fileType=

Er... actually, it's a temporary link pointing to the file.

Can you just try uploading your XML to the default\webapps\ROOT folder and then try acessing it using HTTP (not HTTPS!), for instance, http://10.20.30.40:9080/state.xml in a browser.

G.

That makes sense - I should have mentioned that before I went on an exploratory mission through the source code, I did try your suggestion and was unable to pull up the XML file. You can probably tell this is pretty much my first post, and my group troubleshooting etiquette is a bit lacking. I'll get better.

Hi, don't worry about that etiquette, it's fine.

While trying to open the file in a browser, did you get an error message? Or did it just time out?

I am getting a bit lost on this, to be honest. Is there a web server you could use for testing? I want to get that XML file into the script in any way.

G.