Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Licensing

kaso_baxtiar
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I am Newbie to the voice realm and I have several questions regarding the uccx licensing.

What's an agent in uccx when it comes to maximum seat it says it's the maximum number of agents that they can log in.

and Total IVR ports mean the maximum call that uccx can handle at the same time ?

I really can't understand that in a simple form.

In My Enterprise that's how IVR works when someone calls my enterprise the IVR will ask the user which department want to call directly and the call will be forwarded to that someone's extension in that department.

who will act as an agent, in that case, will the department extensions that will receive the call will be agents?

and at the end, we have UnifedCCX Maximum agent:400 what does that mean?

Regards,

3 Replies 3

Hey.

The Maximum number of agents is concurrent logged in agents / supervisors in Finesse og FIPPA. You can have as many agent configured on the system but only have logged in according to you license.

So if you have 40 agents and 10 supervisors logged in Finesse or FIPPA, you are using 50 seat license

The Total IVR ports is the maximum number of ports that can handle calls at the same time (This can be over subscribed so you can have 500 port configured, but only 400 can handle calls at the same time - if you have 400 ports in your license)

The UnifiedCCX Maximum agent means the the system can max handle 400 concurrent agent (This comes in 100, 200 and 400). This is due to the hardware on the server (CPU, RAM etc..)

Hope that makes sense

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

kaso_baxtiar
Level 1
Level 1

@Thomas G. Johannesen  Thanks for your reply,

In my Enterprise, we use UCCX only for IVR and according to your description my enterprise won't use Finesse or FIPPA also we are using uccx and cucm version 9.

so is it possible that all these seat licenses are extra in my case ? according to my situation, I don't have an agent (correct me)?

Thanks for your help

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unless that IVR is handling serious volume or you need reporting from it, a simple phone tree can be implemented on Unity Connection as a Call Handler.

CCX had a twin product: IP IVR. They were the same ISO to install but IP IVR was cheaper because it only provided IVR. The CCX license added an ACD for humans to handle queued calls.
PS- The 9.x software train is seriously out of date and is impacted by multiple vulnerabilities. You really need to look at an upgrade to 14 or a migration to Webex Calling.