Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Media

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I wanted to know can some clarify something for me, we purchased a UCCX server HA node from one of our vendors and no installation DVD came with it.

I thought that the DVD that I had was the install disc  but it was the upgrade DVD not a base install disc. I opened up a TAC case and the engineer on the phone told me that 8.5.1.11002-22 is a upgrade DVD and that I would need 8.5.1.10000-37 which is the base intall DVD. He told also that this particular DVD is no downloadable form the website you have to get it directly from Cisco. So I called my Vendor and they told me that you can download it from the website.Has anyone every had to download this particulare software before or did you have to get it from your vendor.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

TAC is correct you cannot download bootable images from CCO.  You can however make it bootbale if you want, but that is not supported.  I suggest you work with your vendor to order bootable DVD which they should be able to get as a no price item.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

TAC is correct you cannot download bootable images from CCO.  You can however make it bootbale if you want, but that is not supported.  I suggest you work with your vendor to order bootable DVD which they should be able to get as a no price item.

HTH,

Chris

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you have an older version of the bootable media (i.e. the one that came with the original purchase) you can boot off that, start the install, and when prompted for a 'patch' select 'yes'. You can then put in your upgrade 8.5.x media to continue the process with that version.

Otherwise as Chris says - get a media kit.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

aaronharrison wrote:

If you have an older version of the bootable media...

I think I have a CRS 3.0 disc he can have.  Will that let him upgrade to 8.5.1.11002-22? 

Maybe.. not sure if his server supports floppy discs?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!