cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Menu that repeats callers audio

William.Hoeler1
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to have a UCCX Menu thats sole purpose is to basically test for one way audio. I am an engineer for a company and have on site techs who constantly call my phone testing functionality randomly just to see if they can be heard. What I was hoping to build is basically a menu that, when called, will prompt the caller to speak (even something as simple as "testing") Then either through a timeout option or a button command, have the menu play back that previous audio. To be honest, I am aware that there is probably very little use for a menu like this (one that basically records the audio from the caller, plays it back and then does not keep the recording after the call ends).

Obviously I would not trust the menu to replace the need for doing test calls internally, but it should be able to give an option for testing outbound audio without the need of random 3 second calls. I haven't done much in the way of building the scripts for UCCX, my main experience has been updating already built scripts and tracking down issues. I was hoping to see if anyone had something similar or had a section of UCCX script where they had similar functionality. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Will, 

You can do it with the UCCX script as well. In the UCCX script you can use the Recording Step to record any message from a caller  and then a Play Prompt to play the recorded message back. 

In my blog there is an example of the script making recording and then saving the record to UCCX repository. But you can modify it for your needs of course. You will see there how to configure the Recording step there:

https://dbenda.blogspot.com/2013/05/uccx.html 

Hope it helps you. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Do you have Unity Connection? If so, create a number for a voice enabled directory. They can call they it will listen for them to say a name. That would be a basic test of 2 way audio.

That does make sense, I guess I may have been over complicating the solution and didn't consider any other applications. Though I was hoping for the same audio being sent by the caller coming back. If nothing else, it will at least confirm that there is some audio coming across.

Hi Will, 

You can do it with the UCCX script as well. In the UCCX script you can use the Recording Step to record any message from a caller  and then a Play Prompt to play the recorded message back. 

In my blog there is an example of the script making recording and then saving the record to UCCX repository. But you can modify it for your needs of course. You will see there how to configure the Recording step there:

https://dbenda.blogspot.com/2013/05/uccx.html 

Hope it helps you. 

This looks a lot like I expected, I will have to give it a try and see what I get. Thanks for the replies and also the walk-through. This will also help me with getting more scripting experience.