Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX// Post call Survey // How to save caller's entered digits to text file

zimpac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can someone help me on the subject query. I am working on a script where i want to save the user entered digits on a text file. For post call survey- For a caller to particiate in survey, we have created a RP to which Agent will transfer the call. Caller will simply rate the conversation on scale of 1-5 by entering the input digits. And we need to save the agent extension(last redirected number) and caller input digit to text file. Attached is the script but it is not updating the xml document with the details required.

Thanks in Advance

11 Replies 11

zimpac
Level 1
Level 1

Error : Exception from writing error.

Any help on it will be really appreciated.

I see this is 4 years old but I am attempting the same thing.  Did you ever get past the Exception from writing error and if so, how? 

Thank you

I'm not sure what your end requirement is for this, but I would not use a Call Custom Variable, unless of course you wanted this data for reporting purposes.(..?)  Alternate methods:  use a Write Document step (filename.txt) or use session management variables to keep the data with the session.

Hope this helps.

-Sean

...I found this to be an interesting question, so I just did some quick research, and you may also be able to use the Cisco Defined Call Variable: Call.CallerEnteredDigits.  This variable gets written to the db_cra database as well when set in Enterprise Call Info step.  It call also be recalled with at Get Enterprise Call Info step.

Set Enterprise Call Info step:

2021-0329-ciscoSetEnterpriseData.png

Get Enterprise Call Info step:

2021-0329-ciscoGetEnterpriseData.png

From the Help files:

2021-0329-ciscoDefinedVars-CallerEnteredDigits.png

...so you have a few options with which to experiment.

Hope this helps.

-Sean

That is exactly why I was suggesting using custom call variables or caller entered digits. They get written to the database, so you don't have to worry about figuring out a way to save it to some data source outside of CCX.

Elliot,

I understand what you are saying.  In our environment, the 10 custom assigned variables are "premium reinstate" and compete for reporting space.  Knowing that there is a specific variable dedicated to caller input is very useful information...  And, as I mentioned above, not knowing what the end requirement really is--those two concepts could be invaluable whether reporting criteria is needed or not.  All depends on the goal and available/necessary resources.

...All good info for the original poster, though.

-Sean

I went back and looked at the original post; and the diagram provided is full of problems:surveyscript-2.jpg

The above does not create a text file from a string variable.  To take the data in a string (variable used for collecting caller data from the input digit step), all you have to do is insert it into a TEXT conversion, and assign it to a Document variable.

2021-0329-textToDocument.png

...I also do not recommend uploading the document to the documents repository (original post from four years ago).  That will turn into an administrative nightmare to maintain over time--especially if you have a lot of surveys, as it could potentially fill up your HD space.

Hope this helps.

-Sean

Really appreciate the feedback on this.  I will need to provide some form of reporting.  Goal is to keep the survey simple.  Two questions.  I do not want to utilize an external DB.  It would be helpful if I could tie this into a UIC where I can schedule a report to be run weekly and emailed to the team who is requesting this.  Those answering the calls are not agent/finesse users.  They are school front office staff and we have over 90 locations so we are not moving them to Finesse.  This will be a manual transfer to the script trigger.  I will be looking to add some logic to the script to identify what school the survey represents.

If you store the output in one of the custom call variables or caller entered digits then that will be stored in the CUIC database.

Please help me if you have a working script. 

I would suggest using one of the custom call variables (10 available) or caller entered digits. That will be saved when you set a set enterprise data step. Then you can report on it from CUIC.