Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Script CUCM XML Directory lookup for Calling name

Hi there!

I'm trying to fetch "calling name" by the below uccx script params but get "no protocol" java exception according to the attached screenshoot.

It seems to happen when i reach the line: xml = Create XML Document(URL[dir_url + calling_number])

My version of the UCCX is 8.02 and CUCM 7.1.5

These are the params:

Variables:

This is part of the code:

Script:

calling_number = Get Call Contact Info(--Triggering Contact--, Calling Number)
if (calling_number != null && calling_number.trim() != "")
     True          xml = Create XML Document(URL[dir_url + calling_number]) 
          calling_name = Get XML Document Data (xml, "//Name")
          if (calling_name != null && calling_name.trim() != "")
               True
                    Set Enterprise Call Info (--Triggering Contact--)
               False
                    /* Name Not Found */
     False
          /* ANI Not Found */

String dir_url = "http://ip_address_cucm:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectorylist.jsp?n="
String calling_number = ""
String calling_name = ""
Document xml = null
rgds, Mikael
12 Replies 12

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Mikael,

I think that you are missing the Get URL Document step. The script below executes the directory query, parses the XML file and stores the name in the callingName string variable.

I have attached the script.

I would be interested to know what you are going to do with the name once you have it.

Regards

James

Hi James!

Thanks for your reply! I'll try your proposal!

My idea is to use the "fetched Calling Name" from the Xml ldap directory and with the "Set Enterprise params" present this to the agents. Most of incoming calls will be from "on-net" customers who are in a Global common AD connected/ synched with the CUCM and UCCX.

I send my response after my test!

Just one thought...... as i said this is version ucxx 8.0x and CUCM 7.1.5 so doesn't the XML url communication towards the CUCM needs to be "https:" secure! Do the uccx script support this??

Rgds, Mikael

Hi Mikael,

Your requirement interested me so I wrote the script that I attached to my previous post using  CUCM 7.1(3) and UCCX 8.0.2.

I tested it using a reactive debug and it works fine.

Re. the URL it seems that you can use http rather than https for directory queries.

Cheers

James

Hi again!

I tested myself after correcting some params and now i can see

the  "Calling Name" in my ´CAD which is perfectly by populating "Set enterprise call info" with Calling Name.

By this we can snap up the customer service by knowing the name of the person calling in for support!

Thx for oyur help, James!

rgds, Mikael

Hi Mikael,

I also would like to do the same for my environment that I could present agents with the internal Callers name. 

Can you share me the with the steps where you performed the directory lookup with your CUCM.

Regards

Taha

Hi Taha-

Take a look at James Hawkins' post it has a sample script attached.  The IP Address listed in the script is that of your CUCM server.  I am running CUCM 9.1.2 and it worked perfectly.

DJ

Hi Mikael,

After I posted, I did try that and it worked like a charm. I able to see name gets pulled up in the variable when I run debug.

Now the next step is to display the caller name to Finesse Desktop. For that I have set those variable in 'Set Enterprise Call Info' step by creating ECC variable to assign the name value. And on the Finesse Administration I have set the call variable layout by that ECC variable. But I am unable to see any value popping up there when Finesse Agent Desktop gets the call.

Any Idea or example where people have managed to use ECC Variables and tried this ?

Please see the attached Image..

Regards 

M Taha

Hi-

Did you configure the 'Call Variable Layout' or did you only configure the steps in the script?

Take a look at the 'Manage Call Variables Layout' section in the CCX Administration guide.

Cisco Unified CCX Administration Guide, Release 10.0(1)

Cisco Unified CCX Administration Guide, Release 10.5  

Cisco Unified CCX Administration Guide, Release 10.6

I have not worked much with Finesse, so I cannot provide an example.

Thanks,

DJ

Hi DJ,

Actually, I did the required procedure but actually was hitting the wrong trigger.

I supposed to trigger my test script as I did the changes there but was triggering the production one.

Well, Just for others reference, this is what I exactly followed for Finesse to display;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12425561/configuration-call-peripheral-variables-and-expanded-call-context-ecc-finesse

And For the script, i followed James Hawkins' post here.

Thanks To Everyone:)

Regards

M Taha

Hi Mikael,

Thank you for your post.

I succeed to display the callingname in CAD thanks to your post.

I was wrong trying to use the "Get Enterprise Call info" and not what you mentioned : "Set Enterprise Call info".

( UCCXv10 with CUCM v9 )

Regards,

Bertrand

Hello,

I am not very familiar with script.

I am trying to use this script (get calling number) but It is not work.

Below my error I am using CUCM 9.x and UCCX 9.x

bug_calling_number.png

Hi,

can you call that directory URL within a browser?

I am afraid it's trying to upgrade to HTTPS.

G.